"This is... Impossible"

Alfred yawned and slowly opened his eyes. He didn't realize where he was at first then he remembered what happened last night. He blushed in embarrassment and slightly looked up at Arthur.

Arthur smiled down at the American and patted his head. "Good morning. I never knew you were scared of the dark." Arthur said teasingly with a smirk.

Alfred blushed in embarrassment. "The hero isn't scared of the dark." He mumbled and looked away while pouting like a little kid.

"Well you sure acted like it last night." Arthur replied.

Alfred's blush darkened, "That's because.... well I um...." He struggled to find the right words to say.

Arthur chuckled and pushed himself up into a sitting position. He slung his legs over the side of the bed and inspected his bandaged wound.

Alfred looked at Arthur, "You didn't sleep did you?" He had just noticed the dark circles under Arthur's eyes and how tired he looked lately.

Arthur didn't answer the question. Instead he delicately began to unwrap the bandages on his leg.

Alfred sighed and sat up next to Arthur. "You need to sleep. If you don't then you can get sick." He explained while trying to prove his point.

"I can't sleep." Arthur said quietly. He finished unwrapping the bandage to reveal the wound. It had stopped bleeding but the blood that was already there had dried. "Alfred, could you fetch me a wet towel?" Arthur asked.

Alfred nodded and stood up. A couple of minutes passed before he came back in with a damp towel. Alfred handed it to Arthur then sat next to him. "After you finish with that you have to get some sleep." Alfred scolded.

Arthur frowned and began to dab the wound gently. "I said I can't." He repeated.

Alfred frowned slightly. "Why can't you sleep?" He asked, his voice filled with concern.

Arthur stared at the ground with a blank expression. "I just.... can't." He said before continuing to clean the wound.

Alfred sighed and hugged Arthur tightly. "I want to help but I don't know how." He mumbled sadly.

"I will be fine. Now get away from me you twat." Arthur said while pushing Alfred away. Completely forgetting about the spell on his wound, he slid off the bed and tried to stand up. He immediately regretted his decision as soon as a jolt of pain shot through his right leg. That bloody spell has already worn off? I'm never casting that one again.

Arthur sat back down on the bed and looked at Alfred apologetically. "I might need some help walking to the living room." He said.

Alfred chuckled and picked Arthur up. "I know you can still walk on one leg but it's so much easier to carry you." He said with a slight smirk and started towards the door.

Arthur blushed at the sudden action. "P-Put me d-down you wanker!" He yelled while punching Alfred repeatedly.

Alfred's smirk widened and he acted like he was going to drop the Brit, causing him to gasp in surprise and cling to Alfred.

The American laughed and held Arthur closer to him. "Did you really think I would drop you?"

Arthur scowled and tightly held on to Alfred. "Well, knowing you, I never really know what to expect."

"It honestly pains me that you would think that." Alfred said before chuckling slightly.

Arthur was gently set onto the couch in a sitting position. He picked up the TV remote and turned on the news. "I wonder what has been going on lately. " Arthur muttered to himself.

Alfred plopped down on the couch next to Arthur. "Why do you call it the telly? It's so much easier to just call it the TV" Alfred explained.

Arthur didn't even bother to listen to Alfred's question. He was too engrossed in what had been happening in England for the past few days. "Bloody hell." Arthur whispered to himself as he listened.

Alfred sighed and looked at the television. What could be so interesting that he won't even listen to me?

The pictures on the television were of 3 people. The news reporter was explaining how each of them had been reported missing before being found dead the next day. Arthur's eyes widened in horror as they fell upon a young woman's face. It was the girl from his dream. The one he had killed.

Alfred's eyes widened slightly. He looked at Arthur and saw how terrified he seemed. "Arthur. Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I.... how is she.... did I?" Arthur ran a hand through his hair. His eyes darted around the room, as if an answer would appear before him. How is she dead? This can't be real. It has to be a coincidence....

Alfred pulled Arthur into a tight hug. "Hey, it's okay calm down."

Arthur buried his face into Alfred's chest and cried silently. "This is... Impossible." He said to himself.

Alfred ran his fingers threw Arthur's hair and held him close. He hummed his favorite lullaby, trying to keep Arthur calm.

"Alfred?" Arthur asked with worried tone.

"Yes?"

"Am I going mad?" After hearing himself say it out loud, Arthur couldn't help but break down and cry even harder than before.

Alfred shook his head quickly and kissed Arthur's head, not knowing what else to do. "No, you aren't. What makes you think such things?" He asked and held Arthur a little closer.

"\That girl. On the telly." Arthur replied, "I dreamed about her the other night." He stopped for a moment before continuing. "I killed her."