"I-I.... can't breath."

I have to read faster. Alfred was back in the cellar with Arthur at his feet, screaming for someone to kill him. Alfred panicked and lost his balance for a moment. He stepped into the darkness, but something was different this time.

There was something pulling at his feet. "No let me go!" He screamed trying to shake off the hand. Oh no.... the spell. In his fright, Alfred stopped reading the counter spell. He glanced at Arthur who had stopped moving, his wings completely black.

Arthur used his arms to lift himself off the ground. He glared at Alfred with red eyes and a murderous smile. Arthur began to slowly crawl towards Alfred, a maniacal laugh escaping him as he crawled closer.

Alfred stepped back in horror and went further into the darkness. There were more hands pulling him in, trapping him. He was pulled completely into the darkness and lost sight of Arthur. He screamed as he fell into the black abyss.

Alfred jolted awake and fell off the couch. He couldn't breath and his heart was beating faster than ever. He stood up, only to fall onto the coffee table. The American got up and staggered into the kitchen, gasping for air. It only became harder for him.

Alfred turned on the water and splashed it in his face trying to calm down. His breathing and heart beat only increased. He fell to his knees.

Arthur awoke to a crashing sound coming from downstairs. He rushed down, almost tripping. He ran into the kitchen and found Alfred on the floor trying to breath.

Arthur ran over to him and fell to the floor beside him. "Alfred are you alright? What's wrong?" He said as he put a hand on Alfred's back.

"I-I.... can't breath." Alfred said, trying to gasp for air.

Arthur took Alfred's head in his hands. "Listen to me." He said, in the sternest voice he could manage.

"Just look at me. Don't look at anything else. Just focus on me." He said looking into Alfred's eyes, trying to calm him down.

Alfred listened as Arthur talked to him. His heart started to beat regularly again and his breathing slowed to a steady pace. The American was still slightly gasping for air, but it wasn't as hard to breath.

Arthur pulled Alfred into an embrace. They sat there for a few minutes. "It's alright. Everything's okay now." Arthur said softly while playing with Alfred's hair.

Alfred subconsciously wrapped his arms around Arthur. He buried his head into The Brit's chest. "It was terrible..." Was all he was able to mumble.

Arthur pulled away and held Alfred's shoulders, keeping him steady. "Are you alright now?" He asked with concern.

Alfred nodded. "Yes, thanks to you." He took in a deep breath.

Arthur let go of Alfred, "Alright. " He stood up and offered a hand to him.

Alfred smiled and took Arthur's hand. He stood up and looked at Arthur worriedly. "So, how are you doing?"

"A bit better now, thanks..." Arthur said while looking away. He couldn't look at Alfred while lying to him. A strange feeling had come across the Brit recently. Arthur felt like he was being tugged into a deep sleep. He kept his heavy eyes open and tried to stay awake.

Alfred frowned. "You are lying. I know you are, so don't even try to act like you aren't." He said while staring at Arthur.

Arthur looked at Alfred and noticed the seriousness in his face. He didn't realize it but tears began to form in his eyes. Why does he care so much about me? That idiot....

Alfred started to hesitate. "A-Arthur, are you okay?" He asked. Why is he crying? Did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to make him cry!

"Yes. I'm quite alright." Arthur said while wiping tears from his eyes and resuming his usual uptight demeanor.

"But seriously, Arthur, are you feeling okay? I don't want you to be hurt if there is something I can do about it." Alfred explained with a smile.

"I'm perfectly fine. Now get out of my sight you wanker." Arthur said coldly. He stood up and walked away from Alfred without looking back. He headed up to his bedroom and slammed the door shut.

A heavy pain tugged at his chest as he fell onto the bed and stuffed his face into his pillow.

Alfred stood frozen in shock for moment. Before he knew it, tears had started to fall onto his cheek. He quickly wiped them away and walked to the couch.

The American then grabbed a pillow and held it close to him. He sighed and concentrated. He made his wings slowly appear and turned to look at them.

Alfred shoved a hand over his mouth to hold back a scream. There were small spots where feathers had started to fall off. A few slowly fell to the ground and he picked them up.

He ran into the kitchen and threw the feathers into the garbage can before heading back into the living room. Alfred picked the pillow back up and started to cry into it silently.