"I'm not going mad am I?"

Alfred jumped when he felt sudden movement. He turned his head and saw Arthur slowly sitting up in bed.

"A-Arthur!" Alfred wanted to ask a million questions but he thought it was best to save some for later. "Are you okay?" Was the one he decided on. Honestly, he didn't care about anything else. Arthur's safety was all that mattered to him at the moment.

Arthur stared at the covers blankly. "Could you.... fetch me some.... water?" He asked in a raspy voice.

"Yes, I will be right back." Alfred said before rushing out of the room.

Arthur slung his legs over the side of the bed but immediately regretted his actions. He winced as the pain shot through him. His whole body was aching and it hurt to move. The Brit fell backwards onto the bed and laid there until Alfred returned.

Alfred smiled and handed Arthur the cup of water. He sat on the edge of the bed and embraced his knees. "How are you feeling?" Alfred asked.

Arthur sat up and took the cup. "Aweful." He drank the whole thing as soon as his lips touched the cool water. He didn't realize how thirsty he was until now. "How long was I out?"

"A while. I don't really remember how long though." Alfred admitted while taking the cup. "I will be back." The American said before waking off with the cup to get more water for Arthur.

Arthur laid back down on the bed, this time closing his eyes. He immediately opened them and quickly sat up while breathing heavily. He looked up and saw a worried looking Alfred staring at him.

"Are you okay Arthur?" Alfred asked, his voice filled with concern. The American knew that the spell must of taken a heavy toll on Arthur, especially with the way he was screaming. It must have been painfull.

"I just... saw someone..." Arthur stared at the ground, his eyes wide. "When I closed my eyes." He looked up at Alfred with fear in his eys, "I'm not going mad, am I?"

Alfred shook his head and pulled Arthur into a hug. "You aren't going mad. There is nothing to worry about. I promise you." He said with a reasuring smile.

Arthur flinched slightly when Alfred embraced him. He pulled away and stared at his hands. "I hope not..." He looked at Alfred, "Do you think the spell worked?" There was a faint trace of hope in his voice now.

"Maybe." Alfred said and faked a smile.

Arthur frowned and laid down in the bed. He turned away from Alfred and pulled the covers up to his chin. "I'm going to bed."

"Okay. If you need anything then let me know." The American said while smiling and heading towards the door.

"Why would I need anything from you, you bleeding git?" Arthur said coldly. His voice was slightly muffled from the covers.

Alfred sighed sadly. "Oh. Okay. I will be in the living room." He mumbled with a sad smile and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Arthur pulled the covers over his head. He laid there in the dark for a while, thinking about the dream he had. Was it a dream? It felt too real.... like a memory. I'm sure it was just a side effect from the curse being broken. He thought before quickly falling to sleep.

Alfred sighed as he laid on the couch. He played the previous events through his head. Should I tell Arthur about the.... No... It would be best if he didn't know. Alfred curled up on the couch and pulled his knees to his chest. He closed hsi eyes and fell into a light sleep.