"That's how I met you."

Arthur ran his hands through his hair and sighed. "This can't be right.... There has to be a solution." He rumaged through the mess of papers that had formed on the table. There were books and crumbled pieces of paper on the floor surrounding him. He picked up his pen and continued to take notes in his spell book. It was on the same page that he had been studying for weeks now. "Why can't I figure this bloody thing out?! " His voice grew louder as he spoke. By the time he had gotten to the end of the sentence, he was yelling.

Alfred looked away from the television and at Arthur, "Whoa, British dude... What have you been doing?" He asked while hopping off the couch and walking over to Arthur. He looked around at the huge mess. "You got a lot of things to clean up." The American mumbled before picking up a peice of crumpled paper and uncrumbling it. He looked over it with a slightly confused expression. "What's all this for anyways?"

Arthur snatched the paper out of Alfred's hands and crumpled it back up. "Didn't anyone ever teach you about common decency?" He picked up his pen and resumed taking notes. He mumbled things while searching through the mountain of books and papers he had made. 

Alfred sighed, "I'm bored... Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked while walking around the room in boredom.

"Actually... " Arthur stopped and pulled out an empty pice of paper. "What was it like when you first found out that you had wings." He stared at the American, waiting patiently for an explination. 

Alfred looked at the ground kind of sadly, "Well, I was at one of my regular football practices. We had just gotten out there and we were warming up. I started to feel a pain in my back and I had no idea what it was. I thought I had pulled a mussle or something, but I started to hear people scream. I looked at all of them in confusion, but that is when I realized that they were all staring at me. I had no idea what was going on until I looked to see if someone was behind me, but I saw, well..... my wings. I was pretty scared, seeing as I hadn't ever had that happen before. I was looking for someone to help me but everytime I got close to someone they would call me a monster or a freak and to stay away."

Alfred  took a deep breath. "I remember hearing sirens getting closer so I knew that someone had called the cops. I was terrified so I did the first thing that came to my mind and ran. I knew going back to my apartment was a bad idea so I went to my brother's house first. He wasn't scared of me but he didn't have any idea about what was happening. He let me stay there for the night and when I woke up the next moring my wings were gone. That is when my bro told me about maybe coming here and hiding. So that is what I did." Alfred finished his story with a small smile. "That's how I met you."

Arthur listened closely to the story while taking down notes. "I think that's all I need." He picked up his papers and inspected them. "Thank you. You can get back to what you were doing before. " He picked up his spell book and a handful of papers before heading towards the hallway. 

Alfred sighed and walked back to the couch before plopping down on it. I wonder what it would be like to lose your wings. He stared at the ceiling, lost in thought, and before too long he felt himself drifting into sleep.