"You couldn't ask for a better food."

The cold wind felt like tiny daggers against Arthur's skin. "I've had my wings all my life so I have quite a bit of experience with them."  He shivered as another blast of wind swept past him.

They had been walking and chatting in the cold for a while now. There wasn't really any particular place they were heading. Arthur thought they were walking to Alfred's house but when they ended up at a museum, he had his doubts.

"Where are we going?" Arthur asked before he stopped walking.
"I have no idea, dude. I was just following you." Alfred replied. A wave of anger rushed over Arthur. 

"Do you realize how bloody cold it is?" Arthur shouted, "You're lucky I know my damn way around England or we could've gotten lost and froze to death! If we had died, It would have been all your fault!" Arthur finished scolding the American and stepped back, breathing heavily.

Alfred winced slightly and looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry dude... I just don't really have anywhere to go..." He mumbled. Alfred couldn't meet Arthur's gaze; he was too ashamed of himself. 

Arthur stared at the American confused. "Well didn't you buy an appartment or hotel room when you came to England?" He asked.

Alfred shook his head, "I kind of rushed here. I didn't really have much money either... so this is the result." He laughed slightly and motioned around him at everything. 

Arthur stood there for a moment, hesitating if he should help Alfred. I just met him today. I barely even know him. He could be a murderer for all I know. Arthur sighed. "You can come stay at my home until you find one for yourself." He finally said in annoyance.

Alfred's face lit up and he pulled Arthur into a big hug. "Oh, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Alfred said happily as he clung to the Brit.

"Let me go you bloody idiot!" Arthur tried to push the American away.

Alfred smiled and let go of Arthur. "I promise I will pay you back."

The Brit scowled before walking along the sidewalk. "We should probably get a cab. I doubt I can take this weather much longer." Arthur suggested as he thrust his hands into his pockets.

Alfred nodded, "It's definitaly colder here than America." He mumbled while zipping up his jacket. 

They walked down the sidewalk, waving at every passing cab. Although, they could't seem to get any of the cars to stop. They tried and tried again but failed each time.

"How far away is your house? I mean if it isn't that far it would probably be smarter to just walk there than to sit in this cold."

"It's about a block away." Arthur let his arm fall to his side after trying to get the attention of another cab, failing yet again. "I guess we better start walking then." He said in defeat.

They began down the cold, stone ground. Alfred looked at the passing cars and the senery around him. It wasn't America but he couldn't say he didn't like it completely. It had some nice features.

By the time they arrived at Arthur's home, they were both shivering madly. Alfred's hands had turned red while Arthur's were cozy inside some gloves. The Brit fumbled for his keys and finally got it in the lock and opened the door. A rush of warm air hit them in the face and they both let out a sigh of relief. 

"I'm so glad I left the heating on." Arthur closed the door and shrugged his jacket off before hanging it up.

"That was a good idea." Alfred mumbled while rubbing his hands together. He didn't really bother to take his jacket off because he wore it all the time anyways. The American looked around and smiled, "This is a nice place, thank you for letting me stay."

"Thank you." Arthur said smugly, "Your lucky I did let you stay, so you better treat me and my house with respect." He walked towards the kitchen and pulled out a tea kettle. "Would you like a cup of tea?" He looked over his shoulder at Alfred, who was still in the living room. 

Alfred rubbed his arms awkwardly, "Do you have any soda? Or burgers?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Of course I don't have any junk food like that. A gentlmen doesn't taint his body with such proposterous foods." Arthur said defensively before continuing to make his tea. 

Alfred's eyes widened, "You are crazy dude! Burgers are the best kind of food in the entire world! You couldn't ask for a better food. I mean, it was like it was sent from the heaven above!" The American screamed defensively.

Arthur scowled as he poured two cups of tea. He thrust one towards Alfred, "Drink this. It will change your mind." Arthur smirked, knowing he was right, and took a sip of his own tea.

Alfred took the cup of tea and looked at it. He took a small sip before screwing his face up slightly and swallowing quickly, "That was very bitter." Alfred whined. "Are you sure you don't have any soda?" He asked hopefully.

Arthur choked on his tea and bent over in a fit of coughs when he heard Alfred's remark. A few drops of his drink spilled on the floor. When he finally stopped coughing, he set the tea on the counter and got a paper towel. "You must be off your trolley." Arthur got on his knees and wipped up the mess. "And no, I don't have any soda." Arthur grimaced at the word and threw the paper towel in the bin.

Alfred sighed and crossed his arms over his chest in a pouting manner, "Do you have anything that actually tastes good?" He asked before hopping up and sitting on the counter, waiting for a responce. He is probably going to yell at me again. The American thought to himself.

"Get off of my furniture! I just cleaned that!" Arthur grabbed Alfred's arm and tried to pull him down, although this didn't quiet work since Alfred was so much stronger than him.

The American raised an eyebrow as Arthur attempted to pull him off the counter. Alfred shrugged and hopped off and onto the floor. I knew he would yell. Alfred thought flately.

Arthur glared at Alfred and picked up his tea. He walked into the living room and took something from his coat before heading towards the couch.

The book he had retrieved looked ancient. The leather coating and foriegn writing on the front added to it's effect. Arthur sat down and opened the book to a marked page while taking a sip of tea.