Chapter 8

Lily stared at the hat for the moment...

Rose Evans! Her muggle-born sister who used to be a witch... Came to Hogwarts and is now sorted to the house where blood purity is must...

...Slytherin...

"Is there something wrong with the hat?" ask Darlene as she stared at Lily's sister.

"Maybe it's sick..." joked Sirius...

"Excuse for the second year students in the house of Gryffindor! But this hat is not and never going to be sick! I can't even walk for myself!"

Severus looked at Rose, he knew there are few muggle-borns sorted in Slytherin house... Few...

Whom, based on his readings, died while schooling caused by the trauma and incidents of bully by their housemates or died in depression...

He noticed that no one cheered or anything else...

.... The whole hall is on complete silence....

Rose sighed, she look over Mcgonagall who motion her to walk to her respective house table.

She did as what is said, and noticed that only Severus got the seat saved for her...

She sat next to him and the ceremony go on...

Bloody hat... she mused...

~~~~~

She could see the High Table properly now. At the end nearest, sat Hagrid, who caught his eye and gave her an awkward smile... And there, in the center of the High Table, in a large gold chair, sat Albus Dumbledore. She knew him since he visited her last night...

Albus gave her a toast and she just faked a smile and nod...

Dumbledore's silver hair was the only thing in the whole hall that shone as brightly as the ghosts. she recall Lily said.

Rose looked at the Gryffindor table seeing her sister with a worrying look and her goons with glares of disgust and disappointment.

As Professor Mcgonagall made it to the High Table... Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

"Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!"

He sat back down. Everybody clapped and cheered. Everyone but not the Slytherins....

Rose rolled her eyes, knowing very well that she's the cause of that silence on the table...

Not a moment or two... The dishes in front of her were now piled with food. She had never seen so many things she liked to eat on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs.

Lily is right about the food... She mused.

The feast began and people began to eat... Severus sighed and pat her at the back, "No need to worry, Rose... Normally, few muggle-borns are in-"

"-I think I might have lost my appetite..." Rose mumble. Standing up to leave the hall.

This didn't came unnoticed to her sister, Dumbledore, Minerva and a blonde witch somewhere in the Slytherin table.

"I think I need to use the loo... Girls... I'll be back" Lily excused herself.

"I'm just going to use the loo... Don't follow me Lucius!" the blonde witch said as she also left the hall.

Severus sighed and followed Rose.

The three student's behavior came unnoticed to the crowd but not in the headmaster... He knows everything you see!

~~~~

"Hey! Rose! Wait up!" shouted Severus as he struggle to fetch the little witch, such that Rose kept ignoring him.

Rose didn't know why she walked out of the Great Hall, I really do lost my appetite... she insistingly reasoned.

She pretend not hearing Severus, even if his voice echoed on the walls...

She kept walking, didn't know where she'll be going, Life normally is my enemy...