The Mortal Cup Part II

So, this is Lizzy's outfit for this chapter, minus the sunglasses because

So, this is Lizzy's outfit for this chapter, minus the sunglasses because... it's night... so they're rather pointless.

***

Luke and Lizzy arrived at the apartment a little later that Lizzy would have preferred. She still needed to get dressed and now that would have to be more rushed than she would prefer if she were to be ready before they were to leave. Lizzy gave Luke and her mum a kiss on the cheek before she ran passed her sister and into her room.

She had already laid out most of what she was planning on wearing tonight and made quick work of throwing it on. When she was done, she curled her hair and applied her make up. A quick wink at the mirror and Lizzy was running from the room and back into the kitchen, breathing heavily as she leaned against the kitchen counter.

"How can you run in those?" Clary questioned, looking down at the heels her sister was wearing whilst Jocelyn shook her head at her eldest daughter's style of clothes. She had already tried to get Lizzy to wear more appropriate clothes but the almost-nineteen-year-old seemed determined to ignore her.

Lizzy shrugged, "beauty is pain and these shoes are to die for."

Simon was already standing in the living room and Lizzy strutted over to him, throwing her arm around him as she leaned the front of her body against his. "What do you think, Si?" she purred, grinning as his cheeks flushed and he began to stutter, "I'll take that to mean I look amazing," she laughed as she kissed his cheek and walked back to the kitchen counter.

Lizzy pulled out a large box and handed it to Clary, a soft smile on her face as she looked at her younger sister. "Happy Birthday, Clare-bear," she said.

"Lizzy," Clary groaned, a smile on her face even as she tried to tell Lizzy she shouldn't have.

"Just shut up and open it would you," Lizzy snapped playfully, rolling her eyes as everyone chuckled.

Clary gasped as she saw the contents of the box, her eyes wide as she gingerly reached in to pull out a leather-bound sketchbook and some very expensive art supplies. Everyone else was gaping at the items as Lizzy smiled proudly.

"How did you even afford this?" Clary breathed, "you didn't rob an art store, did you?"

Lizzy barely resisted the urge to roll her eyes, "of course not. I've been saving since you turned sixteen and decided you were going to try and get into the art program."

"So, you just knew I'd get in?" Clary questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"We Fray's know how to get what we want," she grinned in reply, missing the uncomfortable looks everyone threw each other.

"Lizzy..."

"Elizabeth..."

"Liz..."

Luke coughed and looked pointedly at everyone as Lizzy furrowed her eyebrows. She looked to Luke for answers but he just smiled at her and reached into his jacket pocket before pulling out a thin black box and handing it to her.