Dead Man's Party Part II

"When the time comes and you need to hide, find me

"When the time comes and you need to hide, find me. I'll help you as much as I can."

Please read author note at end of chapter.

Elizabeth had stumbled drunkenly around Raphael's room, searching for anything she could possibly use as a weapon. She had found what looked to be a ceremonial sword, thankfully, one that was sharp enough to cut her finger without her needing to press too hard against the blade. It wasn't ideal, a seraph blade would be preferred, but it should cut off the heads of any vampires she happened to run into.

 It wasn't ideal, a seraph blade would be preferred, but it should cut off the heads of any vampires she happened to run into

Simon hadn't been returned yet. She had waited over an hour and she was growing impatient and concerned. Not only was Simon her friend, but she was positive Clary loved him and that was enough for Elizabeth to want to protect him. Plus, she wanted to get out of here and back to the Institute where she could make sure her sister was safe.

She had already given herself the rune that would keep them from falling under encanto again and had activated her speed and stealth ones as an extra layer of precaution. Lizzy was still passed out and it made it easier for Elizabeth, not having to use the extra energy to keep Lizzy oblivious to what was going on when she took over; especially since she was using the added energy to keep conscious with the amount of alcohol in their system. The sooner she found Magnus the safer they'd be when they were no longer two separate people, so to speak.

Elizabeth twirled the sword expertly, remembering every painful hour of training she had had to endure growing up. Looking back, Elizabeth should have realised it was Valentine masquerading as her uncle. Her mother had only had one brother as far as she knew and the man that had claimed that spot hadn't looked like the pictures she had of her mother's brother. He had raised her though; her mother having passed after giving birth to her due to 'complications'.

She had wondered often times growing up if her childhood would have been different had she known her father. Her mother had died before she could grow up and get the answers to her questions about her paternity. Did her dad want her? Did he even know she existed? Was he a Shadowhunter? Now? Now, Elizabeth just wanted to know if he was even alive.