The Mortal Cup Part III

Lizzy hadn't spoken a word since they got home

Lizzy hadn't spoken a word since they got home. Clary had had to escort her older sister into the apartment, tightly clinging to her sister who looked like she was going to pass out at any moment. She had never seen Lizzy so pale or shaken, not that she could blame her.

"Mum?" Clary called as she entered their apartment, "mum?!"

Clary led Lizzy over to the sofa and sat her down, giving her one last worried glance before she turned to face her mum who had just run into the room.

"Mum!" Clary exclaimed, running to her mum and throwing her arms around her as she finally broke down.

Meanwhile, Lizzy was replaying the events of the club over and over in her head. She kept seeing herself impaling those guys with the glowing sword. It was like her mind had disconnected from her body, like she was a completely different person. It was utterly terrifying, feeling like you have no control over your own body.

Lizzy felt sick.

She practically flew from the sofa and rushed from the living room. Lizzy barely managed to reach the bathroom before she threw up her pizza from earlier. She felt someone pull her curls back from her face and another hand rub gentle circles into her back as she continued to dry retch.

When the nausea finally subsided, her throat and chest were sore and warm tears burned their way down her cheeks.

"Are you okay?"

Lizzy looked up at the sound of Dot's voice, her eyes stinging from the tears as she shook her head. Nothing about tonight was okay. She had killed three people. Sure, they didn't exactly look like people, but she had killed them none the less.

"I'm sorry," Dot sighed, pulling her closer so that she was cradling the younger girl, "it was a stupid question."

She let out a broken sound that was somewhere between a sob and a laugh before she took in a deep, shaky breath. "Nothing makes sense," she whispered hoarsely. Lizzy pulled away and looked at Dot, the woman who was like a big sister to her and Clary, "what's happening, Dot?"

"I can't tell you," Dot sighed, "you, Clary, and Jocelyn need to have a serious talk, Lizzy. Hopefully, everything will make sense after you do."

Lizzy couldn't do much more than nod as Dot's phone rang. She gave Lizzy an apologetic look but Lizzy waved her off as she stood up and stumbled to the bathroom sink. As Dot left to answer the phone, Lizzy quickly brushed her teeth to get rid of the awful taste in her mouth.

A few more unsteady breathes later, Lizzy finally composed herself enough to leave the bathroom and find her mum and sister.

"...And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the bodybuilder's face and... and then the guy just... vaporised. I mean, we were drugged, right?" Clary looked up from where she was pacing in front of her mum, her frantic eyes meeting those of her sisters, "oh, God, Lizzy are you okay?!"