I'm Lana Wright : Chapter 1

<< Picture of LANA on the top>>>>

      LANA' s POV 

    Three minutes 

    3 minutes

 Three minutes late for cheer practice . Coach Kelly is gonna kill me.  I'm totally dead right now. What excuses am I gonna come up with..... Uh..... Coach Kelly,  I had to rescue a cat from falling off a cliff or I had  to help my little brother with his homework. Oh!  I forgot.  I don't have a lol brother. My phone vibrates in my back pocket . I bring it out... 

      G  One message from Kim

I just had a run in with Coach Kelly.  And boy is she mad at you. Like seriously mad! ! ! 📴

     She clearly is gonna kill me. I have to run. 

I start running and drop dead in my heels when I come in contact with Zayn Arthur. 

   Zayn Arthur is a bad boy.  An Enigma.  A mysterious creature.  He doesn't talk to anyone apart from Isaac - his best friend. They're like two different magnets always attracting each other. 

  I take a deep breath and swallow hard.  I just can't get my eyes off his blonde hair, blue eyes, chiseled jaw and God his lips. I swallow again.  His eyes are roaming all over my body and I'm in the ugliest clothes ever.  I'm wearing a faded flannel sleeves and a dark Blue Jeans. God!  Kill me.  I should probably say something. I think I'll start the conversation. I open my mouth  to say something when the voice of Isaac cuts me off. 

  " Zayn! Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you.  I even checked the janitor's close-" his words get drown when his eyes falls on mine. 

  " Oh!  Hey, Lana? " Isaac says with a simple shrug and an elegant smile. 

  "You know me? " I say sounding like the dumbest girl in school. 

  " Um.... Who doesn't? You're THE most popular girl in school! "

 Zayn shrugs and walks away, not even bothering to say a word. 

  No wonder everyone hates him.  I shrug my clothes and look around if anyone saw me.  No one.  ThankGod! 

***************

            " And where have you been, Miss. Skip Practice ?" Kayla says. Ex-head cheerleader.  And of course she's with her minions - Isabella,Chloe and Ella - my co-cheerleaders. They're all blonde and skinny and light-skinned and what's-that-word..uh... Klutz.

  " Uh! No where" I say nervously.  I think they saw me with Zayn. 

   " I was at the.. ..um...the Nurse's  office. Yeah.  I caught a cold earlier" I say and she flicks her tongue

  " Whatever I don't care! Coach wants to see you ...as in now " They all walk away in the same twist,their hair bouncing in really cool ways.  I wonder if mine does that when I walk.  I'll check later. Add that to your mental list Lana Wright. 

**********

    Uh..... I knock on the door. No respond. I knock again. No respond. I knock the door again and the knob twists open. 

  " Hey!  Coach Kels. I can explain"

  " Hey!  Lana. Care to explain why you haven't been to practice for the past week" She cocks her head and rests her knuckles on the desk. I swallow again.