I'm Lana Wright : Chapter 3

>>>>>> Picture is Isaac <<<<<<

   This chapter is dedicated to Raining Cloudz for always blowing my notifs!  You rock girl!

     Zayn's POV

   I avert my gaze to the wall clock but it doesn't work so great.

   Buy new batteries for the wall clock - add to mental list.

   My mum walks into my room and drops a note on my table

   I'm too lazy to stand up, so I just use my magical powers to extend the note to me.

   No!  That's not how it happened. Although,i do wish I had magical powers like invisibility. That would have been a great help right now.

    My mum spanks me on the head telling me Isaac is downstairs helping her mow the lawn since I'm a good-for-nothing son.

   She goes out and makes sure she bangs the door, so hard, I thought it was gonna pull the roof off our heads.

   Sometimes I wish I was just on my own already. In my own house,away from my mum and her stinky attitude.

  Ever since dad died, she turned into a cynical bitch. She drinks lots of alcohol at night when she's back from work.  Sometimes, she even lies in the pool of her own vomit. She barely goes to work. She's applied for over twenty jobs since he passed away. They employed her thinking she was responsible. Two days later she'll be kicked out. It's either for attempting fraud, smoking, or scaring clients away.  She's currently working as a cleaner at a hospital that's right blocks away. Luckily,shes been there for more than a week now. No sign of them Firing her.

  Even though she makes up to eighteen dollars per hour ( she works seven hours a day) she rarely buys food or medicine or even pay the bills. She uses all her money on heroin, alcohol, cigarettes and orange juice.

  That's the only food we seem to have in our refrigerator. Orange juice and I guess,shells of used eggs.

   Although I smoke and drink a little, I  still manage to
keep up three works unlike her.

  On weekends, I work for a man downtown : I help him work on his CCTV camera's in his house. I get paid twenty five dollars

On Friday's I work at a wine company for eight hours. I get paid thirty dollars per hour

Weekdays, I work at a local music store as a sales representative. The pays so little but it's my only regular job so I don't complain.

    I end up using all my cash on bills ,food, gas and drugs.

My life is hard. I've felt tons of rejections. I'm only eighteen and I'm pretty sure I've been working since I was fourteen to earn a living for my mum and I,which is supposed to be the other way around.

   Now, the next thing on my list is to get a house. I wanna leave this dump hole of a house. Maybe when I leave she'll realize the bills won't pay themselves.

  Fuck!  I just remembered Isaac is still mowing the lawn.

  I rush downstairs. I'm only wearing briefs. Who cares?

I yank open the front door that clearly needs new painting and spot Isaac mowing the grasses like a pro.

   " Nice work, Izzy . I'm so surprised you did this for free " I say feeling genuinely thankful.

He rolls his eyes " Free?  Gross!  I wouldn't even babysit my own sister for free or do the dishes at home for free! "

  " How much - " he cuts me off