I'm Lana Wright: Chapter 12

Lana's POV

It was all Zayn's idea to go to the arcade. Not that I'm angry or anything. I just haven't been to one before.

I don't play video games. My mum thinks they're for boys!

One time I downloaded, Mini militia, she seized my phone for a whole week, preaching about how I'm supposed to download cheer leading games or barbie games or games that thought me how to be a wife material.

I was so mad at her but it died. I downloaded ten barbie games that I never really played.

So when, Isaac parks in front of Baz's Arcade. I get goosebumps. I'm gonna make a fool of myself. Maya is pyschrd as always.

Oh yeah! Maya won and Zayn had to give her a piggy back ride down to where we were parked earlier on.

The outside is luring. They have posters of different games plasterer on the glass doors and windows. Also games that are coming soon.

They all start coming OUT of the car but I remain glued to the chair.

"Aren't you coming?" Maya says

"No. You guys go in. I'll just wait for you here"

"Why?" He says. Almost like barks! What's his business? Why is he always interested in anything that has to do with me?

I sigh and make my confession.

"I can't - I've never played one in my life" I bury my face in my palms and they start chuckling.

"You can learn! I'll teach you. Its as easy as fuck" Zayn says and his voice gives me goosebumps more than the fear of going into the arcade.

Teach me? Should I go? Should I not? What is mum gonna say?

Fuck! I don't even give a damn about it. She's getting a divorce!

I put my phone in the pocket of my jeans and step out. My skin brushes with Zayn's and I feel something like an electric shock run through me. He shivers. Did he feel it too?

Isaac opens the door and announces that we have to pay twenty five bucks for one hour. We hand him the money and I see Zayn hesitates before he finally hands him twenty.

"Where's the five?" Isaac smirks and Zayn says something to him with his eyes and Isaac nods . After paying, they allow us in and I gape in surprise. It's like you're in an actual movie game.

Maya goes to play Sonic the Hedgehog and Isaac goes over to play Pacman.

"What do you wanna play?" Zayn says and we're standing face to face again. I almost stutter "Anything you want. I don't really have a choice" he raises one eyebrow and I sigh.

"Do they have Mortal Combat?" I say and avert my eyes to the see Maya already engrossed in her game.

"Sure. Come on" I follow him to the end of the room. Maya and Isaac are out of sight. Not much people are in here. Just a guy of about twenty one and an old man who looks like he's about to die once he let's go of the grip.

Mortal Combat! I see Sonya. That's the only person I know. Last year Halloween, Kim dressed up as Sonya and I dressed up as Ariel from the Little mermaid. Much to my dismay, but my mum forced me anyways. Zayn puts on the game anf it comes to life. They're asking me to choose characters.

I tilt my head backwards and when they rest in Zayn's chest, I quickly turn around. "You're too close-"

"How am I supposed to see what you're doing?"

"Maybe by standing by my side instead of my back?" I raise one eyebrow, something he's used to it. Its also rubbing off on me. He rolls his eyes and comes to my side.