Linked

A MONTH + LATER

The two were in the bathroom, Baylee broke another door in anger. Millie followed her in to try to help.

"So what were you saying earlier, you think I have a thing for you?" Baylee laughs.

"You have defended me since the day you met me." Millie says and raised a brow.

"It was the right thing to do." Baylee says. 

What Millie didn't know was as a werewolf a mate is picked for you it isn't your choice. In this case Millie and Baylee were linked. Yes even at such a young age. The reason Baylee was so sharp towards Millie was because when your near your mate it's like being constantly turned on and for a girl, a sprout forms which is like a penis except it only comes out when you go to mate. Unable to control it, everything in Baylee wanted to jump on Millie but lucky for Millie Baylee knew how to control herself. 

"Why don't you go, your friends are looking for you." Baylee says. 

"How would you-" Millie begins but as she does her group all comes in the bathroom.

"Oh my god Millie! Did this freak hurt you?!" one girl yells and snatches Millie by the wrist after noticing the stall door.

"Um no..." Millie says.

Baylee rolls her eyes, readjusts her back pack than leaves the bathroom. Her dad is in the hall.

"You know why you have to stay right?" He mumbles.

"Because of her?" Baylee asks. He nods.

"But, why don't we go home early?" he says giving in. Baylee grins.

"Yes please." She says and the two head out to the parking lot but before they reach the door Baylee gets called.

"Baylee! Baylee wait!" Millie calls. Baylee turns and sees Millie running towards her. 

"I- I have never got your number." Millie pants.

"Um n-no thanks..." Baylee says and looks down.

"Oh... will you be here tomorrow?" Millie asks.

"I-I don't know." Baylee says.

"Yes, she will be." Mr. Barnes answers.

"Dad..." Baylee moans.

"Yay! See you than!" Millie smiles cheerfully. 

"Bye Millie." Baylee says as she leaves.

"Bye..." Millie says as she freezes. The way Baylee says her name... it sends shivers down her spine. Millie doesn't know why but she feels as though she needs Baylee as if they are meant to be friends. And that they-

"Millie? Are you coming?" One of her friends asks interrupting her train of thought.

"Oh! Yes I am!" Millie says and they go before they are late for class. 

Baylee went home and plopped onto her bed hugging one of her pillows. As she lays and thinks more about Millie she finally realizes... well how beautiful she is. Baylee shakes her head.

"No." She says to herself and sits up. 

"It's normal to feel that way." Her dad says standing in her doorway.

"What?" Baylee says.

"I know how you feel when your around that girl, but you have to refrain." He speaks.

"I know dad..." Baylee says. He laughs than heads out.

I wonder what tomorrow holds? Baylee wonders herself into a sleep, she sleeps the rest of the day and all night until her alarm goes off in the morning. Baylee bashes it with her fist. 

She lazily moans and rolls over and gets up thirty minutes later. She gets ready, washes her face and throws her short blonde hair up than walks to school. 

When she gets there none other than Millie Brown is waiting for her at the front.

"Hey! I'm glad you showed up!" Millie smiles. 

"Yep." Baylee says.

"Walk with me to my locker?" Millie asks smiling. Baylee, unable to resist, agrees.

"So what did you do when you got home?" Millie asked.

"I went to bed." Baylee says.

"Well, incase your wondering the rest of my day was quite boring without you to make it more interesting." Millie says.

"I bet." Baylee yawns. 

"Millie come over here!" a girl in the group ahead yells. Baylee stops and Millie does too.

"You'd better go." Baylee says.

"Oh... I don't have to." Millie says.

"Listen, you and I are not friends. You and those girls are. You should go." Baylee says.

"We are to friends! Friends tell each other secrets... I doubt you'd tell anyone else you are a-" Millie was talking but Baylee puts a hand over her mouth to shut her up.

Millie giggles as Baylee moves her hand.

"Stop it." Baylee says and unable to stop, lightly grins and bites her lip to try to stop.

"Stop what? Making you smile?" Millie says grinning at her success.

"Oh I wanted to ask, there is a party coming up... would you go with me and my friends?" Millie asks and takes one of Baylee's hands. Millie's touch makes Baylee's stomach jump and she tenses up at her senses wanting to jump on Millie.

"Uh um no I- I can't." Baylee says.

"Why not?" Millie asks and pokes out her bottom lip a bit. 

"I have plans." Baylee lies.

"Like what?" Millie asks.

"Sleeping." Baylee says.

"Oh come on!" Millie laughs.

"Sorry." Baylee says.

"Alright but I did some reading up on werewolves and I have some questions." Millie says. 

"Why don't we talk about it in the library? People are staring and wondering why the hell your hanging out with a freak." Baylee says.

"You are not a freak!" Millie says.

"Just saying what I'm hearing... or sensing." Baylee says.

"Oh... alright mind reader let's go." Millie says and begins heading to the library.