Feeling

Millie laid down as a contraction hit her hard.

"I can't tell if she's in labor." Betty said.

"Is there a way you would be able to?" Baylee asked.

"No, the placenta walls are too thick." Betty said.

"I- I need to stand." Millie moaned.

Baylee helped her up, Millie hugged Baylee under the arms and put her head in Baylee's chest. 

Millie began crying out a lot more and whining. Standing, she began spreading her legs.

"Millie what are you doing?" Baylee asked.

"It hurts" Millie cried.

Betty sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm just going to be feeling I'll try to be gentle." Betty said. She stuck a finger up Millie and Millie hugged onto Baylee tighter.

"Somethings definitely going on." Betty said. Betty pulled her hand out than took her gloves off and threw them away. 

"She's way to small, getting these babies out is going to be hard." Betty sighed and sat back down.

  "Your heating up." Baylee said and felt Millie's cheeks. Betty came and felt Millie's forehead.

"Not a fever she's just working pretty hard. Why don't we either undress her or get her into a lighter outfit. " Betty recommended. Millie talked to Baylee and Baylee took off Millie's clothes.

"M-my chest-" Millie cried. Baylee backed up a tiny bit.

"It's ok they're just growing, which means your probably getting close to birth." Betty said.

"Mmm..." Millie whined and spread her legs again.

"Can we be alone... for a minute?" Millie asked. Betty grinned and left after saying of course.

"I-I'm scared and I'm not ready." Millie said and looked Baylee in her eyes. Baylee could see the fear and pain in Millie's eyes.

"It's ok to be scared, but don't underestimate your self Mills. Even though you don't think it, your going to make an amazing mother... and in the long run, it'll be worth it." Baylee said holding either side of Millie's face. Millie kissed her hard than got back down off her tip toes.

Millie whined out and grabbed Baylee's shoulders, spread her legs, and looked down.

"Baylee-" Millie gasped as fluids leaked out of Millie and onto the floor.

"Bett!" Baylee called. Betty came in quickly.

"Alright here we go." Betty smiled. 

"I-I'm not ready!" Millie cried.

"Yeah you are." Baylee said.

"Honey you have to believe it or your not going to make it very far..." Betty said. Millie gripped onto Baylee while hugging her and put her face side ways in Baylee's chest. Baylee held her.

"I'm so scared." Millie whispered. She was shaking in fear.

"I know you are, you have every right to be but just think about the end when you get to see those babies." Baylee said. Millie nodded.

"I- I need to sit." Millie said. Baylee moved so she could but Millie held onto both of Baylee's arms. Baylee caught on and sat and Millie sat on her lap facing her but loosely with her legs spread and her arms around Baylee's neck loosely. 

Baylee put Millie's hair where the top half was in a bun on the back of her head and the lower half hung.

Millie moved to where she was laying down.

"There you go momma." Betty said.

"Just lay and try to stay in that spot there." Betty said.   

Millie made Baylee sit where Millie's head was in her lap and she was holding Baylee's forearms.

"Ok the first ones starting to push out." Betty said with her hands on Millie's belly.

"Millie push." Betty said. But Millie didn't she only cried out in pain.

"Mills can you just try? It's ok if you can't." Baylee gently said. Millie held a hand up, Baylee held her hand. Millie pushed but her weak body only got a little bit out.

"Good!" Baylee said and gave Millie an encouraging smile.

"It was only a tiny bit, but still that's ok." Betty said.

"Better than nothing. A tiny bit closer to the end." Baylee said. Millie bore down and pushed again.

"I'm going to pull to assist so this baby can actually get out." Betty said.

"No..." Millie whined.

"Mills it's ok she won't hurt it." Baylee said. Betty gently pulled the first baby out.

Baylee watched as Betty began trying to do cpr on the small infant.

"No-" Millie began crying.

Baylee gently hugged Millie sadly and Millie held her tightly hugging her back.

Millie screamed out in pain.

None had made it. Eleven out of twelve all passed and a few were born alive but only lived a minute or so and all Millie could do was sob.

"Mills just one more." Baylee said wiping one of her eyes. 

"What's the point?" Millie cried.

"Please Millie..." Baylee whispered. Millie's body was done but she tried and a small infant slipped out unmoving. Baylee scooped Millie up a little higher and hugged her.

"Quick try this." Betty said she handed the infant to Baylee who held it to Millie's breast. Millie gripped onto Baylee not even looking at the child expecting it to go any minute. It was a small baby girl.

"Mills" Baylee smiled. Millie finally got the nerve and looked at the baby. It had bright blue eyes and brown hair. Millie gently held it and bounced it a little and Baylee gently played with Millie's hair. Betty sighed, Millie had blood everywhere.

"Baylee she's lost a ton of blood I'd recommended a human doctor." Betty said. 

"I'll take care of it." Baylee said. Betty nodded.

Betty cleaned everything up and left.

Baylee swaddled the baby.

"What'd you want to name her?" Baylee asked. 

"Lea?" Millie said.

"Lea." Baylee smiled and gave the small baby her finger. Baylee was still sat up behind Millie. 

"Your amazing." Baylee said to Millie.

"I lost eleven..." Millie said.

"We got one though, and it's sad but it'll be alright. You did amazing Millie." Baylee said.

Millie repositioned Lea to her other breast. 

"See, your good." Baylee smiled and kissed Millie's temple. 

"Well it's natural instinct... jut like you wolves." Millie grinned.