Nightmares (Kailor oneshot)

Skylor jerked awake, automatically sitting up and panting. She looked around the room.

As soon as she realized she was at the noodle shop and not her fathers palace, she reached over and grabbed her phone.

"Best way to defeat your enemy...is to Enter the Tournament!"

Kai stirred a little before turning over and grabbing his phone.

"Mm...hello?" He said, sleepily.

"K-Kai?" Said a shaky voice. "A-are you there?"

"Skylor...? What are you doing calling me at one in the morning?"

He was a little agitated that she woke him up, but was too tired to actually do anything.

"I-I had that dream again..."

His eyes widened. He got up from the bed, phone still in ear, and walked out of the room.

"Sorry, guys were asleep. You know how they get when they're woken up."

"It's fine! I didn't mean to wake you.."

"It's okay, I don't mind. Not when it's you having a nightmare. What happened this time?"

He didn't tell her that he was coming over. He wanted to surprise her a bit. While she talked about her dream, he put on his jacket and an extra gi that was just laying around.

"Oh damn...that is bad..."

"Yeah...I keep having that same dream over and over. I don't know why...I-I want it to stop...how do I make it stop?!"

She was close to tears at this point. She couldn't stop seeing her fathers face, telling her that it was her fault that her mother left, and that she's the reason why everything went wrong. It was all her fault.

"H-hey! Calm down! I'm here. I'm not gonna go anywhere, alright? I'm not hurt, and you didn't do anything! It's his fault that he ended up the way he did!"

He was getting pissed off. He still had a small grudge against Chen, mainly because what he did to Skylor. He put on his shoes and headed out the door.

"Yo-you're coming over, right?"

"Of course I am! There's no way I can leave you alone like this!"

"O-oh...sorry, I didn't mean t-"

"Skylor, you're not doing anything wrong. I'm glad you called and talked about this to me, you know I don't like seeing the people most important to me suffer. You aren't alone anymore, you have me and everyone else! It's okay, there's no need to apologize. Now, let's talk about something else. Just to get your mind off of it."

Kai talked about random stuff while he walked over to the noodle shop. Funny videos he saw online, a stupid prank Lloyd did on him, his old pet dragon Flame, anything to get her to stop thinking of that dream. And it actually worked.

Once he got over there, they watched a movie and cuddled on the couch till the next morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not my best oneshot, but definitely not my worst.

Short, but it's the best I got right now.

I hope you enjoyed~

ByyyE