Chapter 50

The darkness turns into bright, blinding light

The darkness turns into bright, blinding light. I scrunch my face, squeezing my eyes shut then gradually reopen them, only allowing centimeters of light in at a time until my eyes focus on Katie standing over me, her brows pinched and mouth agape with. . . Concern?

Wait, when did I get on the floor?

"Leon! Thank God!" She sighs, taking a hand over her forehead and dragging it down her neck before cradling my face and caressing my cheek with her thumb. "Are you okay? You took quite the fall."

"Fall?" I go to prop myself up on my elbows only for Katie to gently push me back down. "What do you mean I fell?"

"You fainted. And fell. On the floor. Hard."

"Fainted?!" Why in the hell would I do that?

"Yes." She nods her head, resting her forearms on her knees. Rolling her bottom lip between her teeth, she asks, "Do you remember anything before you fainted?"

"Uh," I draw out with a breath, thinking, thinking, thinking until. . .

Holy fuck!

Against her protests and wishes, I sit up and pull her on top of my lap, taking Katie's face into my hands and pulling her in for a kiss. "I love you," I tell her in between each lock of our lips. "I love you so damn much." Drawing back, I drag my thumb over her bottom lip that's glistening, coated in a mixture of our love. Love, love, love.

Holy fuck, I'm in love.

I kiss her again. On her lips, on her face, on her neck, on her head. Gah, I love this girl.

"Leon," Katie giggles, pulling away from me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm greaaaat," I gush, smiling---no, beaming, at the girl I love. "Couldn't be better." And I mean every word.

"I'm being serious, do you need to go to the hospital?" I shake my head profusely. "Are you sure?"

I nod my head, grinning so hard my cheeks ache. "Positive."

Katie's head tilts to the side, her lips pursing as she nods her head with reluctance and mumbles, "If you say so," under her breath as she pushes herself off my lap, extending a hand to help me up. I grab her hand, not bothering to use it to pull myself up. The last thing I want is to bring her down on the floor and hurt herself in the process.

Lacing her fingers through mine, I pull her to me, throwing my arms over her shoulders, burying my face in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry I fainted."

"It's okay," she laughs as we drift apart, staring into my eyes, her posture perking up with whatever thought bouncing around in that head of hers. "Am I moving too fast? By dropping the L bomb when we're barely a month into our relationship?"

"Fuck no," I chuckle, shaking my head. "You only said what I've been feeling since day one."

"Day one?"

"Day one."

"Like when you first saw me day one or since we got together day one?" She draws out with a bated breath, her brow arching as she rocks back and forth on the heels of her feet, anxiously awaiting my response.

My lips split open in a smile. "The first time I saw you, I knew what I felt wasn't infatuation alone. After talking to you and getting to know you, then being with you, feeling your hand in mine and kissing you. . . All of that only confirmed what I already knew here," I reply, pointing a finger at my chest, by my heart. "I love you, my Yellow Shirt Girl."

"I love you, too, my Creepy Asshole."