8

Your eyes fluttered open. Beads of sweat rolled down your cheeks. You glanced around the room. You were back to the place where you wanted to get away from.

All the effort for nothing. You struggled to get up. Your whole body ached. Your eyes were heavy.

Go back to sleep Y/n. Your body said.

The door to your bedroom opened. The mobster walked in. His jaws clenched as he tried not to ask you question. He walked over to your bed and sat on it.

Tom reached for your hand and gave it a little squeeze. Silence filled the room. You glanced up at him.

Tom was the person you wanted to stay far away from. The fact that he was a mobster made you tremble in fear.

But he was also the person who made you laugh for the first time in years. The person who made you feel a familiar kind of warmth when he had you wrapped up in his arms.

~~

You ran down the stairs, squealing.

"Tommy! Tommy!" You shouted.

You wanted to show Tom the new doll your parents got you. You reached the bottom of the staircase. You turned around a corner when something hot splashed onto your skin.

The sudden pain made you scream and cry. Tom's mother was carrying a kettle of boiling hot water when you suddenly ran out and crashed into her, making her spill the hot water onto you.

You cried loudly. Your parents ran down the stairs. They picked you up and rushed you to the door. The tears blurred ypur vision. You glanced behind your father's shoulder. You saw Tom looking at you worriedly.

He reached for you but you were already out the door.

~~

You woke up from your sleep. The moonlight shone through your window.

How long have I been asleep?

You glanced around. You walked over to the window seat. You looked out the window. The stars shone brightly in the night sky.

Somehow, the stars would always make you feel better. A single tear rolled down your cheek. You wiped it away, telling yourself to stay strong.

"Princess." A voice called out.

You turnes around to see Tom standing there. He walked over to you and engulfed you in a hug.

"I'm so sorry princess." He said and kissed your forehead.

"T-Tom?"

"Yes darling?" He looked down at you.

"I- I had a dream.

~~

The mobster tapped his fingers on the table. You told him what you had dreamt about. Tom remembers everything that had happened like it was just yesterday.

You had just gotten home from the clinic. A bandage was around your arm. Slight whimpers left your lips as your father carried you to your room.

Your cheeks were sticky from all the crying. You were very tired and wanted to sleep. You laid down on your bed. A few minutes later, Tom walked into the room.

"Princess?"

You opened your eyes to see Tom sitting at the edge of your bed.

"Tommy?"

He moved closer to you and accidentally touched your injured arm.

"Sorry!" Tom said as you let out a yelp of pain.

Tears started to roll down your cheeks.

"Princess, don't cry..." He said, trying to calm you down.

"It hurts.." You cried.

"I'm so sorry. I couldn't protect you..."He said.

"I heard you calling for me..." He continued.

Both of you sat there in silence. It was awfully quiet but his presence made you feel much better.

From that day, he had promised to always stay by your side, to never leave you and to always protect you.