9

The mobster walked down the dark hallway. Blood stained his white t-shirt as he walked up the staircase to his office. He cursed to himself. He should've worn a shirt of another colour.

What if you walked in and saw the crimson red stain on his shirt? You probably would have freaked out and ran away. He can't have you doing that.

He grabbed a jacket he had left in his office and put it on, covering the blood stains. Just then, the door opened.

"What the fuck? You don't know how to fucking knock?"

"No time to argue with you. This is about Y/n." Harrison said as he sat down on the chair in front of Tom.

He threw a file on the table. This got Tom's attention immediately. Tom opened the file and started reading.

"What the fuck? Didn't we read this before?" Tom said.

"Yeah. But I went back to read it again and realised that most of the things have the number 21 in it. Her birthday is on 21 November. She was adopted on 21 December. And she was missing for 12 years and was also adopted at 12, if you switch the places 1 and 2 in 12, it becomes 21." Harrison explained.

"So? How the fuck do you explain the 13?" Tom asked.

"Well you can't be 12 twice right?"

Tom rolled his eyes.

"Plus, the street where the accident happened had no cameras and the tire had been shot. The accident must have been carefully planned." Harrison explained.

"Someone must have known they were gonna drive down that street..." Tom said.

"So... they must have told someone where they were going?"

"Someone they know wants to kill them..."

"What date is it?" Tom asked.

"2.11."

~~

You walked down the hallway towards your bedroom. You had just gotten back from the library. Your eyes stared at the book intently, reading about how Alice fell into wonderland. Your feet took you exactly where you wanted to go, even though you did not look up from your book.

You reached the door to your bedroom when all of a sudden, the door to your room flung open, revealing a flustered Tom.

You screamed in shock and threw the book in his face.

"What the fuck?!" He shouted. He looked up and saw you.

"Oh my god! I'm so s-sorry."

You saw a bruise starting to form on Tom's face.

"Come on." You grabbed his hands and took him to the kitchen.

You opened the fridge and took some ice, wrapping it up in a piece of cloth. You put it on Tom's cheek. He winced in pain.

"Sorry..."

Both of you stood there in silence for a while.

"W-What were you doing i-in my room?" You asked.

"I was looking for you." Tom said as he stared into your e/c eyes.

"I-I was at the l-libray..."

He chuckled,"I should've known." You smiled.

"So you were looking for me to..."

"Just wanted to tell you not to run around. It's dangerous. And don't go out of this house. Who knows what could have happened?"

"I-"

"I'm serious Y/n. I can't stand the fact that you're in danger."

"I know. You told me since I came here."

"Y/n... I don't know if I should tell you this but..."

"Someone wants to kill you."

~~

"It's dangerous."

"Someone wants to kill you."

"You're in danger."

The thoughts ran through your head. You moved your legs closer to your body, hugging yourself.

You closed your eyes, trying to calm down.

"Mum are we there yet?" You asked.

"Alm-"

Bang! Bang!

Everything that happened next was blurry. The car skidded off the road. You could see your father desperately trying to control the car. The car spun and hit a tree.

"Mum! Dad!"

Then, everything went black.

"Y/n!"

You opened your eyes, gasping for air. You were sweating profusely. Tom sat you in his lap and pulled you closer to him. You started to cry. Your tears stained his shirt as he held you in his arms.

"Shh. It's ok." He said. He moved his hands up and down your back as you cried.

Why couldn't this happen to someone else? Why you?