Chapter Five

I woke up to a bunch of noise. Great, what did they do now?

All eight boys were standing in the kitchen. Everything was a mess.

"Alright, who's going to explain this?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

"Well, you were still sleeping, so we wanted to make breakfast for you. We tried making pancakes, but there's no more milk. Also, there's no more bacon. So then we tried making eggs, and they didn't turn out that bad," Alec explained.

"Well, good job on the eggs, but unfortunately, I don't like eggs."

They all groaned. I picked up the pan of eggs, and scrapped it in the trash. It looked burnt anyways.

"So we're going to have to go to the grocery store. Only problem, we have to eat first. Would you guys mind if we went out for breakfast? There's this great resturaunt that makes the best chocolate chip waffles," I winked at Sam when I said the last part. He smiled, and I knew the idea was sold.

"Yes!" They yelled in unison.

"Alright, we're going to need two cars. Alec, here are the keys for the van. I can take up to five people, and you can take up to six. Everyone, when we get to the garage, get in either my truck or the van," I said, grabbing my keys.

After I had my purse and keys, and Alec had the van keys, I climbed into my truck. All of the seats were filled, except one. Dane was sitting next to me, Wes next to him, then Sam and Ben were in the back. I guess the twins and Andrew went with Alec.

I pulled out of the garage, and led the way for Alec to follow.

The place we were going to for breakfast is called Sophia's Family Resturaunt. My parents always took me there for breakfast when I was a kid. I always order the chocolate chip waffles.

I could hear Ben and Sam talking in the back seat, so I didn't turn the radio up that loud. Just loud enough so I could hear it. "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" by the BeeGees came on. I sung quietly, hoping no one heard me.

At last, we arrived at Sophia's. I walked in, and greeted the hostess. "How many?" she asked.

"Nine," I replied, giving her a small smile. She wrote something down on the podium, the led us to a set of tables. She had to push two together.

We all filled the seats. Thank goodness my parents left money for us in case of situations like this. Food for eight teenage guys and me is going to be pricey.

"Hello, welcome to Sophia's, can I start y'all off with some drinks?" The waitress asked. Going around the table, everyone said water.

She winked at Wes as she turned around, and I frowned at him. He just shrugged then smirked in response.

The waitress came back with out drinks, then took our orders. Everyone got chocolate chip waffles. Anticipation of our meal made my mouth water.

I became aware that Dane was sitting beside me. He took my hand underneath the table. What was that about Dane being so akward in a relationship? That supports the thought of Wes wanting to say something else instead.

As soon as my plate was set in front of me, I began eating. I didn't need to put syrup on it, since I thought chocolate and syrup were disgusting together.

I finished before everyone. "You guys are slow eaters," I teased, finishing my water.

"What was that?" Wes said, showing off his empty plate. I gave him a look of approval, and nodded.

"Impressive," I noted. Next was Alec, followed by Sam. The order really didn't surprise me. We were all finished by the time the waitress came back over to check on us. She just took some plates and left.