Chapter Fourteen

Double update! Yay! This is for the two girls who commented😘

"They'll be back tomorrow."

My breathing became rash and I gasped for oxygen. This can't be happening.

"Jean, it's alright," Wes reassured.

I nodded, trying to calm down.

The boys had started packing their stuff already. I was doing tons of laundry for them. Soon, thr house will be back to normal. It'll be like they were never here.

"I-I have to ask you something," I said, my voice shakey.

"What is it?" Wes looked up to meet my eyes.

"Where are you going to college?"

"Jean, before I tell you, remember that you want the best academics from a school to help me in my future, right?"

I nodded. This can't be good.

"I'm going to a school in Kentucky."

The breathing issues came back.

"But-"

"But I talked to my parents. They offered to have you stay in Kentucky and finish up your senior year so you can be with us all."

How can I say no? How can I say yes? I've spent barely any time with my family. To leave while they're just getting back, I don't know.

But to lose that time with Wes and the other boys? I can't stand it. I hope my parents can learn how to use Skype or something.

I nodded, went to my closet, and pulled out my suitcase.

"We aren't leaving for three days, so you can take your time."

I called my mom. When she answered, I asked her if it was okay with her, too. She said yes, and that she'd call the school and register me.

Next, I called Hunter. I couldn't help but cry upon hearing his voice answer the phone. He told me that he would be here in a few minutes.

I sent out a text to the rest of the boys and the girls, hoping they'd understand.

The doorbell rang, so I went to get it. I was immeadietly sucked into a hug by Hunter. The sobbing continued.

"I'll miss you guys so much, but I need to be with them," I said.

Hunter nodded, and kissed my forehead. Despite his crazy and perverted outer shell, he's really a great guy in the middle.

Eventually, he left. I resumed packing, copying all of my recipe cards that I'll need, doing more laundry, packing up bathroom stuff, and tons of clothes.

"My mom told me to tell you that you can drive your truck down. We won't have enough room in our car, anyways," Wes said, peeking into my room.

I nodded, and he stepped in further.

"Mind if I ride with you?"

"Actually, I would be glad. That way if I get lost, you can help me. And, I won't be alone in singing my music. And, we can talk."

Laughing, Wes began helping me. Since I can put as many bags as I want in my truck, I decided to pack heavy.

"We don't have a guest room in our house. You'll be using my room."

"Oh."

"After Alec moved out, Dane went to his room, so we could both have our own rooms."

I stood up, walked over to my closet, and took all but four pairs of socks. I'm leaving some clothes here in case I ever decide to visit.