Chapter Eighteen

"Today's move in day!" I screamed, jumping on Wes's sleeping body.

"Five more minutes," he groaned.
Ignoring his protests, I ran through the house, waking everyone else. Then I started dragging bags and putting them in my truck.

My parents are meeting us at the apartment later. And I get to meet our roommates. And I get to give our boring room a makeover!

Everyone joined me in loading stuff into the cars. Alec doesn't go back to school for another week, so he's driving my truck back home.

Finally, we had all of our stuff packed and ready to go. I got in my truck with Wes, and we hit the road, trailing behind the other car.

It only took an hour to get there, and I was bouncing in my seat when we pulled in.

First, Wes and I went to the desk to pick up our keys. "Your roommates arrived a few minutes ago," the receptionist said.

Taking out keys, the whole family started making trips up stairs.

The door was opened, and my mom was putting stuff in the kitchen cabinents.

"Mom?" I whispered, barely audible. I haven't seen her since December, when the visited for Christmas.

"Hey, honey. Dad is helping the boys," she said, hugging me.

I made my way to the other room, following the noise. When I stepped in the room, tears streamed down my face.

"Jeanie!" Hunter and Aiden yelled.
They ran over and embraced me.
I was so happy, I didn't mind that it was hard to breath. When we pulled away, I smiled.

Unable to speak, I left the room, and started putting together our bedroom.
The bed was already there, along with a tall dresser and a closet. I dropped my bags on the floor, and went to get more.

Alec and John brought up the shoe organizer that the boys made. Kay helped me make the bed and hang up clothes.

My mom finished putting dishes and non-perishables in the cabinents. After everything was put away, we went out for dinner.

"It's nice to all be together again," my mom said.

"Definetly. I missed you all," I replied.
Wes held my hand, and gave it a comforting squeeze.

The rest of the dinner time was spent with everyone catching up. And I found out my parents were thinking about adopting a kid.

It seemed like we were at the resturaunt for a few hours when we finally payed and left. Sadly, my parents went back home, and the Thompsons had to go back, too.

"Guess what, Jeanie!" Sam asked on the way back to our apartment.

"What?"

"I get my own room now! Ben is going to your old room!"

"Good for you," I replied, rubbing his shoulder, "do you remember my phone number?"

"Yes! It's 301-555-2743!"

"Good. Call me when you can."

I made sure everyone else knew my number so they could call me. Then, we said our final goodbyes, and went back to out apartment.

It was around eight already. We took turns showering, then went to sleep. It
was a really long day.

-

"I talked to this guy in the elevator. He's a junior. There's going to be a party tonight in room 214. He invited us to go," Hunter said.

"Fun," Aiden said, sipping his coffee. Hunter went to pick up Dunkin Donuts for us this morning.

"Do you want to go, Jean?" Wes asked.

"Sure, why not," I replied.

"So today, we can go grocery shopping. And that's it, I guess," Aiden said.

Nodding, I started to make a list of stuff we needed, including mac and cheese, cereal, ramen, and other cheap, easy foods. We're college students now.

Wes pulled up a map of the area on his phone. We found a Walmart nearby, and walked there. It was only a quarter mile away.

After buying tons of food, we were unsure of how to get it all back. In the end, we all ended up with two bags each. It wasn't too much.

"Excuse me, string cheese goes in the fridge!" I yelled at Hunter. He was used to me feeding him, so he doesn't really know much about a kitchen.

Finally, everything was put away, and it was seven. I started to get ready for the party, knowing I needed to get the bathroom before the boys did. Then I retreated to our room to put something cute on.

I settled on a purple tank top and a pair of white shorts. Then I threw on a pair of knockoff sneakers from Target.
I quickly french braided my hair while I waited for the boys at the door. I can't believe I actually beat them.

I could hear the music already, knowing that their room is just a floor below ours. There was alcohol in everyone's hands.

Refusing drinks left and right, I took Wes to the dance floor. I might as well have fun, but there's no way I would ever drink underage.

Doing what everyone else was doing, I danced against Wes's body, and his hands rested on my hips. It was a ton of fun.

Eventually, I had to take a break. I sat down on the sober couch. There was a bunch of people who didn't drink.

"Are you a freshman?" One guy asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Come here with your roomies?"
"Yep. See the blonde guy over there taking shots? Yeah, that's Hunter."

"You room with a guy?"

"Three, actually. One's my boyfriend, and the other two are from the same hometown."

The guy was taken aback. "I'm Josh. This girl next to me is Lily, she's my girlfriend."

"I'm Jeanie, and Wes is my boyfriend. But he's lost somewhere. My other roommate is Aiden."

"Cool. Lily, this is Jeanie," Josh said, nudging his girlfriend.

"Hi, Jeanie. I'm Lily. By the way, that is a really cute top," Lily said, sitting up.

"Thanks, I love yours, too."

I chatted with the two for a while. Lily agreed to come over tomorrow with Josh so he could meet the boys. Turns out, he's a transfer and she's a freshman, just like Wes and me.