Chapter Seven

Week 3

By now, the boys were spending a lot of time with the other boys. Wes still hadn't made any friends his age, so everytime the kids either went to a different house or had their friend over at my house, we would always watch movies or play games. Also, he calls me Jean, which nobody does, except for my mom, who rarely does anymore.

Dane still comes in my room at night. Not every night, anymore, just once a week. He's still a really sweet guy.

My mom finally called to check on us last night. She also told us that there were wristbands for our local waterpark, called Splashville, in their office.

"Does everyone have their swim suit on?" I yelled over all the noise.

"Yeah!" I heard a few times.

Sighing, I picked up the bag full of towels, snacks, sunscreen, and my phone charger.

"Let's go!" I led them out to the garage. Once again, I took my truck, and Alec took the other car.

I led the way down the driveway, listening to Sam and Ben talking in the backseat, excitedly. Alec followed, and we began the fifteen minute trip to Splashville.

When we got there, I helped everyone put their wristbands on. The boys were already picking ride buddies. Luckily, there's nine of us, and someone needs to watch the stuff. The boys can splut up into twos and fours and I can relax.

"Want to be my ride buddy?" Sam asked.

"No, be my ride buddy," Dane said.

"Guys, I have to watch the stuff," I replied.

"I can watch it. Besides, more chicks sit and tan then actually go in the pool," Alec said. I rolled my eyes.

"How about, I be Sam's partner until lunch, then Dane's partner for the rest of the time?" I said.

"Yay! Let's go!" Sam yelled out in joy.

"Hold on, we have to pick a spot for our stuff, first."

There was five open chairs together, which is probably as good as it gets. I dropped our bags down, and picked up the sunscreen. They all groaned, and ran away. Sam and Alec stayed.

"No, I don't want sunscreen," Sam stated.

I rolled my eyes, put it down, and followed Sam to the rides. If they get burnt, it's their faults'. Lucky me, I don't burn easily. In fact, I've never gotten sunburned in my lifetime.

"Let's go on this one first!" Sam dragged me over to a slide with a giant drop.

"No, I'll wait for you at the bottom and you can go on it," I folded my hands across my chest.

"Why not?" he whined.

"I don't feel like it." The real reason is that I don't want my swim bottoms to ride up my butt.

"Party pooper," Sam muttered, before walking to the long line to ride the slide.

"You aren't gonna ride the Gaint Drop?" a voice spoke behind me.

"Wes! Weren't you with Ben?"

"Yeah, but like your situation, he wanted to go on and I didn't."

I looked up. Ben and Sam were next to each other in line. They turned to each other and started talking.

"Looks like Ben found Sam. Wanna ditch and hit the wave pool?" I asked.

"Sounds good."

I led the way back to the wave pool. Alec was still by our chairs, talking to a tall blonde in a bright pink bikini. Wes grabbed my hand, aggressively.