Chapter Seventeen

9 months later

"Woo! We graduated high school!" Ty said, hanging on Roni and me.

We were on our way to find our family members.

I spotted Wes, and ran as fast as I could without tripping. My luck ran short, however, when I fell on him.

"Sorry," I said, lying on top of him.

Wes didn't respond, he just lifted his head and kissed me. We made out on the ground until Alec pulled me up.

"You're back!" I screamed.

"Got here an hour ago. Just in time to see you graduate!" Alec hugged me tightly.

I pulled away, smiling, and wrapped my arms around Wes. Now, Roni and Ty and I are going to Chili's with some other graduates.

"I'll be back soon, you can live another hour without me," I told Wes as I got into Roni's car.

"No I can't," Wes pouted.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and went on my tip toes to give him a quick peck on the lips. Then I got in the car.

I waved to him as Roni pulled out of the parking lot. I unzipped my gown, revealing a black lace dress with little pink flowers on it. I had on black pumps to match.

"Ty, can you hand me my bag?" I asked.

He passed up the bag. I took out my sneakers and socks, and put them on. Then I put my heels in the bag.

I took fifteen minutes to get to Chili's. We went inside, and waited for the other people. We're expecting five other people.

They arrived together. It was Kelly, Shawn, Ryan, Georgia, and Leah. None of them are dating each other. I know Kelly has a boyfriend, but he's in college. Shawn's dating a girl who used to be a junior.

We sat at our table, and ordered drinks. The waiter went to get them, and we started talking.

"Oh my God, Jeanie, your dress is gorgeous! Where'd you get it?" Kelly said.

"Thanks, and Wes got it for me. The tag says it's a Lily Rose dress."

I also talked to Leah, since she was sitting on the other side of me.

The waiter came back with out drinks, and took our food orders. I got a chicken quesodilla.

We ate, joked, and laughed. After we finished, I payed for my food, and Roni drove me back home.

"Hey babe," I said, walking over to Wes. He was sitting at the table with his laptop.

"Hey," he replied. Wes was looking at apartments.

"Two bedrooms?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. Do you mind if we split the cost with two friends? It'll be $120 cheaper each month for us."

"What two friends?"

"You don't know them, but it's two boys. Same age as you," Wes replied.

I frowned, but let it slide. I feel like he's up to something.

"So do I get any say in the apartment?"

"Yeah, actually, you have the biggest. The guys let it be up to us, and I'm with whatever you're with. But I can object."

I love when Wes has his reading glasses on. He looks so sexy. Especially when he looks at me. Gahhh.

"Well then," I said, sitting on his lap.

I clicked on various places, checking them out. I stopped on one I like.

It was two bedrooms, a decent sized kitchen, the building had wifi, laundry, and a common room on every floor.

Then I looked at the picture of each room. They looked the same size, except one had one full sized bed, and the other had two twins. There was plenty of space.

"I like this one," I said, pointing to the screen.

"I do, too. Look, it comes with the beds, couches, and stools. And it's a lower price than the rest," Wes said, rubbing circles on my back.

"Let's see how far it is from campus, first," I said, clicking on the map.

It's on campus. Recalling the schedule I got recently, all of my classes are in a half mile radius. Yes!

"Alright. I'll pay for it, then call the guys. Meanwhile, you can start making that Pintrest stuff you were talking about," Wes said.

I squealed, and looked at my phone. I had pinned a bunch of stuff to a board called 'College.' There was all kinds of stuff, from closet organizers to cheap and quick dinners.

"To rent it for the school year, we can move in on August 3rd, then leave June 3rd," Wes said.

"Wow, that's soon. Only two months away."

"Alright, up, I have to call them," he said, patting my sides.

I stood up, and Wes got out of the chair. He went to our room, and shut the door.

"Sam!" I yelled.

"What, Jeanie?" He asked, coming into the kitchen.

"Wanna help me spunk up our new apartment?"

"Yeah! When do you guys leave?"

"We move in August 3rd. But, I'm definetly going to need some help moving everything in. And, te couch comes with the apartment, so you might just have to stay a few nights," I said, laughing.

"Yes! I would love to!"

"Alright. On this tab, pictures of the apartment. On this tab, Pintrest. Tell me if you find anything good. I trust your judgement."

I gave Sam the laptop, then I went in Pintrest from my phone. I found a lot of cool ideas, including cute closet dividers. Definetely going to want those.

"Does this look cool?" Sam asked, sliding the laptop over to me. It was a shoe organizer.

"That looks great! Nice find," I replied, taking a picture of it.

"We can get Alec and Wes can help us make it!"

I found a few ideas for canvas paintings to decorate the bland walls, and we dragged Alec and Wes to the hardware store.

We bought wood for the shoe organizer, paint, and went to the fabric store for some canvases.

While we were at the fabric store, I ended up buying some cloths to make pillows and blankets. Since I didn't have any needles or thread, I bought some of that, too.

The four of us got back home and the boys started on the shoe organizer. I began painting the canvases.

"Hello, dear," Kay said, coming into the kitchen. I had just finished covering the table in newspaper.

"Hello, Kay. Would you like to help me paint?" I offered.

"Sure. What color is your room theme?" She asked.

"Well, we got blue fabric, so blue, I guess."

Kay and I got to work painting. Sometime later, we started on the pillows and blankets. The boys came in to get the paint.

"Do something pretty," I said, handing them a roll of Frog Tape. You use it to make straight lines and stripes.

"No promises," Wes replied, kissing my forehead.

I made the two base pillows in a pretty aqua fabric, while Kay made the throw pillows in various blues. Then we moved on to blankets.

We made a big comforter together, then a little tie blanket that you cut the edges of two fabrics for, and tie them together. They looked good, too.

Now I have a month to relax before school starts. One thing's for sure, I'm going to be sleeping a lot.