CHAPTER - 5

January 22, 2017.

Entry 3.

Jessica Vermont. Bully and Bitch. If our school ever had a bitchiness award, then she would win it hands down. Every movie has one of her clones in it. The Queen Bitch who sets all the rules and steps in the social hierarchy.

She wasn't alone, no, she had her own posse but she rarely ever acknowledged them. But she has preferences too. Her best friend, Amelia Jenkins. She never associated herself with anyone else, not even her posse. Well, other than that group.

She excelled at public humiliation of her fellow peers and that is what will get her killed.

TARGET - 2 – JESSICA VERMONT.

.     .     .     .     .     . 

January 29, 2018.

Target 2 was now down. After what had happened yesterday and not knowing about it, I had made it a point to focus on the current news. The gossip was true. That reporter got her hands on all kinds of news no matter how petty.

The school was getting restless now. My guess, everyone was finding out about who was being targeted. Although no one was brave enough to come forward to the police and tell them.

Keeping a close eye on the news, I have learnt that the boy who went missing still hasn't been found.

Lunch rolled around quickly as the whole school was shaken up and inattentive. Sitting alone by the table, I opened my packed lunch. The girls behind me were again gossiping about the recent deaths.

".... Finch died, Justin died and Jessica died. Do you think they are all connected somehow?"

"Probably."

"Like, that is so sad."

"Can you even imagine what they were going through?"

"The 'I am Sorry' notes are so freaky. They said that it was found near Justin and Jessica's bodies."

"I know. And they were killed the same way too."

"With a slit across the throat."

Listening to the gossip, I was now sure that everyone was getting a clear picture of what was happening. In a few days' time they'll figure out who all are being targeted.

No one knew who was being targeted next, but I did, and they were jumping at the slightest of sounds being made.