CHAPTER - 9

January 24, 2018. 

Entry 5.

Zach Reynolds. Bully and Murderer. Zach is violent by nature. He often gets into fights inside and outside of school. He is what you would call a resident bad boy. He wore the typical leather jacket and rode his motorbike to school every day.

Some thought he would meet a girl who would sweep him off his feet and turn him into a good little boy. Like the books and movies, I used to love so much. Some thought he would live his life off of his parents' money. After all, they had quite a lot stacked up.

No one ever suspected that he would end up murdering someone. Someone who was innocent and defenceless against him. He never cared about what others thought. He definitely did not care about what Finch thought. I tried digging up why he killed Finch, but I never found out. Then again in the end it does not matter why he did it.

I don't know much about him. He kept to himself and his group of friends.

I watched him kill Finch. I was there. I could feel his pain and yet, I didn't do anything about it. He cannot live with all that he has done. Justice must be served and he must die.

His lawyer parents could not get him out of my grasp now. Because when I am up to something, I don't stop until the goal is achieved. Now my goal is Zach and he is not getting away. I have all the time in the world.

TARGET – 4 – ZACH REYNOLDS.

.     .     .    .     .     .

FAYE MATHEWS.

January 31, 2018.

Four down. One to go. One more day and everything will be over and done with.

It seems like the owner wants nothing to do with the book. I tried again but to no avail. They didn't show up to take the book. My curiosity at finding out who has been up to the murders is increasing by the second.

Everyone wants to know. There have been police investigations in school. Today they are interviewing all the students. One by one. It started in the morning, it's most probably going to go on all day.

The police will stop at nothing to catch this killer. Everyone in the force is completely invested in the investigation.

Hey! That rhymed, well the first parts of the words did.

Not the time.

The thought that the owner of the diary was at the same place as me sent a chill up my spine. Had he seen me? He hadn't even written down what happened that day. All he says is that Zach killed Finch. It was not at all satisfying, I wanted to know more. 

My turn in the interview room is coming up in the next five minutes. I still haven't decided whether to give in the diary or not. The identity of the killer isn't even revealed in the diary, it's not going to be of much use anyway. To add to that, I am not sure if it belongs to the killer himself.

If I don't give it to the police then I might be charged or even arrested for holding back evidence. If I don't give it then I can make sure that no one finds out about the diary. Perks of being a wallflower. No one sees you. No one suspects you.

"Faye Mathews."

They called on the intercom. Taking a deep breath, I stepped into the office. I took a seat in front of two officers with notepads taking down notes.

I should have waited for them to tell me to take a seat.

"Okay, young lady tell us what you know about the murders", one of the officers asked me. Officer one.

"Nothing much. Other than the fact that the group was very close and my guess is that the next victim will be Axel Jackson", I managed to say without stuttering. I fidgeted with my fingers, it was a nervous habit.

"Nothing we haven't learnt already", Officer one sighed.

"Why do you seem so nervous if you don't have anything to do with this?", Officer two asked me, narrowing his gaze.

"Well, it is my first police interview", I answered intentionally sounding offended, "Are you trying to tell me that I am lying?"

"No. That was not my intention. Excuse me", he said.

"You may leave now, Ms. Mathews. Thank you for your cooperation", Officer one sighed sending me on my way.

Stepping out of the room I released a breath of relief.

Well that was short.

According to the news reports, they suspected the murders would go on even after Axel's death.

They couldn't be more wrong about it. One more day to go.