CHAPTER - 6

January 29, 2018.

AMELIA JENKINS.

My alarm started blaring, I shut it off and stared blankly at the ceiling. To say that I was terrified was an understatement. After what happened to Justin and Jessica, I have been looking over my shoulder every second of the day. I had a feeling like I was next. But then again, I might be wrong. Banking on that thought, I got out of my bed and headed towards my bathroom.

My muscles relaxed as I stood under the hot water in the shower. Finishing up, I turned towards the glass divider to see it completely fogged up. I reached out to draw a smiley on the surface, when a pair of hands banged against it. I stumbled away scared out of my wits. The hands disappeared just as soon as they had appeared, leaving behind bloody handprints.

Scared, I hesitated stepping out of the shower. My breathing got heavier as a finger pressed against the glass surface. I pressed my back against the shower wall. The finger drew a smile against the surface. Deep laughter erupted just as the finger left the glass. Blood started cascading down the glass from the smile.

Regaining my voice, I screamed for my mother.

I am coming for you.

A voice whispered just before my mother burst in through the bathroom door.

"Are you fine?", my mother asked. The handprints and the smile stayed, but my mother didn't seem to see them.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just thought I saw a lizard", I said not really understanding my apprehension of telling her what had happened just now.

"Okay then. Come downstairs as soon as you finish", she said muttering about being scared of a little lizard.

I got dressed without anything happening to me.

I could only imagine what Jessica would have felt - no, I won't think about it.

I managed to eat some food. Relief flooded into me at having my mother by my side for the morning. I raised my head feeling a little better to catch sight of a shadow in the corner of the kitchen. Its gleaming red eyes mocked my fear.

"Mom......", I started when I caught sight of the figure slowly shaking its head, telling me not to tell her, "I better get  my bag down or I'm gonna be late", I mumbled breathlessly. I'm going to lock myself in the room. No one can hurt me then.

Silly girl.

The same voice whispered again, laughing silently. I ran up to my room locking the door shut. I still had time to leave for school. Walking to my vanity mirror I looked into it and asked, "Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the fairest of them all?", finishing the sentence I laughed at the silliness of it.

Mist started swirling in the middle. It cleared up to let me see my reflection, my eyes looked haunted and dead, my mouth was open in the middle of a scream, there was a long, jagged cut across my throat with blood that had previously gushed out of the wound dry and cracked. My hands were smeared with blood as I clawed at my throat.

I was frozen in place staring at the reflection. The reflection started to smile at me, it stretched to form a full-blown grin. It started laughing soundlessly. Just as I thought that, loud booming laughter erupted from the reflection.

A shiver ran down my spine as I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. Saying goodbye to my mother, I made my way towards school. It would be crowded and I would be safer there.

The day passed by slowly. Even a little noise made me jump ten feet in the air. I had only one period left until I could go home. At the thought of home, a sense of comfort washed over me. Closing my locker, I turned around to come face to face with a freshman.

He handed me a note and was on his way.

Meet me in my class. – Ms. Henderson.

Well, that was weird, since when do teachers send notes like that? I made my way to her classroom thinking about what she wanted all the way.

I opened the door to her classroom and stepped inside. She was nowhere in sight. The door banged shut behind me, the lock clicking in place. My breathing became laboured as I felt a presence right behind me, too close for comfort. I stepped forward to have the presence follow me. A slight chuckle sounded from behind me, sending a chill down my spine.

I didn't turn around, I stayed listening to the rapid beating of my heart. The laugh fanned against the back of my neck. Goosebumps rose against my skin, listening to the eerie laugh. My breath became laboured.

I am coming for you.

The voice said it's breath fanning against my neck. The presence behind me vanished, I turned back to check if anyone was still there. I could see no one so I turned in the front.

A shrill scream left my lips as I came face to face with someone. I fell back in fright looking up at the figure standing above me. The figure stood tall wearing a hood and a sickening grin. But what scared me the most was the knife that he held. It was long and looked incredibly sharp, it was coated with a layer of dried blood. It reminded me of the blood on the neck of the reflection this morning.

"Please leave me be", I begged the shadow. I tried to step back but ended up falling to the ground.

You never let me be, did you?

The creepy voice asked me, while at the same time lowering the hood of his jacket. I faltered with recognition.

I crawled back on my hands trying to get away from him.

I am coming for you. See? I always keep my word.

He cackled with delight.

He lunged.