Chapter Five

No, no, no, this can't be happening.

Bridget looked down at the pee sticks in front of her in the sink. Five of the six said positive and she was freaking out. Liam was going back on tour tomorrow and she was pregnant. Bridget looked at herself in the mirror thinking of what she was going to do. If Liam found out about it, he wouldn't go back on tour and she knew he couldn't do that.

"I just can't tell him yet." Bridget said to herself.

"Can't tell him what?" Perrie asked standing in the doorway. She knew exactly what because she could see the pee sticks. Bridget grabbed the stick and tossed them in the trashcan and then tied up the bag. She walked out passed Perrie not saying anything. "You have to tell him, Bridget."

"Telling him is going to put a halt in their tour, he'll have to stay home, and then I'm gonna get blamed for everything. Half his fans hate me already."

"Liam's a good guy, Bridget. He proposed to you, doesn't that explain anything?"

"Yeah, it does explain everything. But that doesn't mean he's gonna want a kid this early."

"Bridget, he loves you. He wouldn't tell you not to keep it. I'm pretty sure he would take responsibility and take care of the both of you." Bridget walked down the stairs and sat on the couch. Just then Liam came back inside with Louis and Niall behind him.

"Hey gorgeous." Liam greeted Bridget and pecked her lips. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing, just a little exhausted." Bridget replied as Liam plopped on the couch and put his head in her lap. Perrie eyed Bridget before excusing herself to leave. Louis and Niall both left leaving the two alone in the house.

"Okay, what's going on?" Liam sat up and looked at Bridget. He knew something was up.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to tell you this."

"Tell me what?" Bridget sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"I missed my period." Liam looked at Bridget with a confused look and then after a confused 20 seconds, it hit.

"You're pregnant."

"Yeah. I found out two days ago and I was working on a way to tell you." Liam sat back against the couch. Bridget was trying to read his expression but for the first time in a long time, she couldn't tell what she was thinking. Bridget looked away as she felt her eyes tear up. Then she felt a hand on hers and Liam scooted behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm not gonna stop loving you because your pregnant." Liam said and kissed Bridget's cheek. Bridget snuggled against his chest and sniffled as she felt his hand rubbing her arm. "We'll have to work through it and be as good parents as we can be. I'm leaving tomorrow but I will call or text or skype or whatever every night to check up on you. And know that you will always be on my mind."

"I'm scared something is gonna happen while you're gone."

"Babe, nothing's gonna happen. If something did, I would be on the first flight back here to be with you. Believe me, I want nothing more than to stay with you but we can't cancel the tour."

"I understand. I'm thinking of asking Eleanor if she could come stay with me for a few days."

"Or just have Ruth or Nicola come down here. Everything is gonna be fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam and the boys had to wake up at 3:00 in the morning. Bridget helped Liam finish packing and drove him to the airport. She brought Paulie with because he had bonded quickly with Liam. They sat in the waiting area which allowed the big dog. Liam rested his head on her shoulder as they held hands and she rubbed the back of his hand. Paul came around and told the boys it was time.

"Try not to get into trouble." Bridget with a smile as Liam picked up his bag.

"I'll try not to." Liam replied squatting down and gave Paulie a pat. Then he stood back up at looked at Bridget. She half smiled and then Liam pulled her against his chest and wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in his neck as he rubbed her back. "I love you and our unborn child more than anything."

"I love you too." The two stood there hugging, not wanting to let each other go. "Make sure my boys don't themselves into too much trouble."

"I don't know if I can promise that." Bridget chuckled and the two pulled apart only for Liam to press his lips to Bridget's. His hand on the back of her neck keeping her close. "I'll call you as soon as I land." Bridget nodded and Liam kissed her forehead and then walked away as Bridget forced herself not to cry. Liam walked away with the boys forcing himself not to look back because he knew he would never be able to leave. As Liam went to board the plane, his phone vibrated.

From Bridget: I love you more than anything and I know that this baby will no matter how busy you are.

To Bridget: And I promise I will do my best to be a great dad.

Liam smiled as he got on the plan and eventually the plane took off and started its journey to California.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bridget walked back into the now half empty house. It was weird and she couldn't even go back to sleep. Without Liam around, it always felt awkward because the bed would be half empty and she was alone with the dogs. She would usually go back to her grams but she can't really do that now.

"I wish you were here Sandy; I could use my best friend." Bridget spoke out loud talking to Sandy. As if on cue, Bridget's phone rang. "Hey Eleanor."

"Hey Bridgie, Perrie told me what's going on." Eleanor said on the other end.

"She told you the little problem."

"Yeah. I'm coming over. I'm gonna be with you for a week or so."

"Good, I could use the company."

"I hope you don't mind me bringing Pepper over. She has nowhere else to go."

"Of course not. We can add to the four animals we have."

Eleanor arrived only about twenty minutes later and came in with a bag of clothes, a bag of Pepper's supplies and the Cairn Terrier herself. The two friends settled in as Bridget began to cook something for them to eat.

"So you two decided on keeping her or she?" Eleanor asked as she watched Bridget cook.

"Yeah, it's gonna be hard without the support of my family but we've got his side." Bridget replied looking up. "I also don't want Liam's reputation to be ruined by him giving his child up for adoption. We're just gonna work on it."

"You've got us here for you." Bridget nodded. All though it was now almost 3:00, they couldn't sleep so why not make an early breakfast. By the time she was done cooking, all four dogs were passed out on the floor. "What's going on with the wedding planning? Any news?"

"Nothing yet. It won't be for a while; I think because of the tour and now this baby is coming. We've got too much going on right now. And I have to go to my grams' funeral. I can guarantee that my mum and dad will be there and I have no plan to meet them."

"Want me to come with? I know Liam won't be able to make it there and I feel like you need somebody to go with you."

"I would appreciate it if you went with. I don't need my mum and dad to talk to me."

"Why won't you forgive them?"

"They don't deserve it. They abandoned me and then went and had three other kids whom I never met until my oldest younger brother's funeral. I don't plan on telling any of them about the baby either."

"I completely understand where you're coming from. I don't know if I would be able to forgive my parents either." Bridget continued to cook her food and kept thinking about the baby and what it could do to Liam's career.