Chapter 12- Rivals, Practises and Pure Classics

Time seemed to pass by quickly and before I knew it I was standing beside to hockey field once more, yelling at the team to run faster. "You guys better start picking up your feet before your lazy asses start dragging on the ground." I felt a sense of guilt tugging at my heart as several of them glared at me from beneath the strands of hair that were hanging in their eyes. I knew that they were all hating me, again, but I couldn't help it.

I watched carefully as they ran the last lap and came to a halt in front of me, all panting heavily. Their hands instantly dropped to their knees and to my dismane some even gagged whilst looking at the ground from some tranquillity. "Ok, you're done for the day. Coach said that everyone can go to the showers so long," a loud grateful sigh could be heard among the group as they picked up their bags with a groan, and dragged their feet to the locker room. None of them looked at me, only grunting a goodbye as they passed.

"You really know how to drill them." A voice says behind me, I spin around to see who it is and a small flutter of hope rose in my stomach at the sight of Coach.

"At least they'll be fit," I replied nonchalantly, but I could suppress the hopeful feeling still present in my stomach.

"I hoped you enjoyed yourself yesterday," at those words my hopeful flutter turned into a tight knot. How did he find out? Probably seeing the shocked expression on my face he answered my question," I have a slight tendency to look at the camera footage every now and then. That happened to be this morning in fact."

"I'm really sorry Coach. We were-" he raised his hand to stop me mid-sentence and a soft chuckled escaped his parted lips. His eyes turned up as he smiled down at me and for a moment he looked like a happy old man only looking for some company in life. Like my granddad.

"Don't worry dear, I'm used to the team sneaking onto the pitch. Since you are basically a help Coach at the moment I will give you the spare astro key, but only the astro key," I nodded my head vigorously at his words until everything settled in. 'Help coach'. That was all I actually was, I wasn't part of the team nor would I probably ever be. He lied. Not that it surprised me much, who would want a girl on their team especially in college. I sighed and for the first time I felt myself accepting my fate.

"Thank you Coach. I'm going to practise now if that is fine with you," I said with a small smile on my face. A small fake smile, but by the smile duplicated on his face I could tell that I fooled him. He bid me farewell before his figure retreated back to the safety of his office. A soft irritated huff left my lips as I grabbed my stick from my bag, walked towards the goalbox. I dropped the ball on the ground and without another thought I grabbed my stick and swung it slightly behind my back before it soured forward and hit the ball with a force. I watched in satisfaction as it sailed through the air like a bullet, coming to a firm stop in the corner of the goalbox.

"Quite the arm you got there," I felt the irritation seep back into my system at the voice of the devil himself. I looked up at the sky, took a deep breath and turned around to meet those irritating green eyes.

"What do you want Ryder. I thought you'd be in the bar by now hooking up with yet another victim," I scoffed and watched as he ran a hand through his brown locks. He gave me a sheepish grin, it was the first time he actually seemed to show a descent expression while I was in the vicinity.

"I wanted to join you. I'm not in the mood for those leeches in the bar," a snort accidentally escaped my mouth at his words and so with an eye roll I hit him the ball.

"You better not mess up my groove," I gave him a very serious look and for a moment he looked taken aback by it, but the expression was soon replaced by a toothy grin.

"Like you actually have a groove Johnson." I merely roll my eyes at his childish remark, watching as he skillfully plays with the ball on his stick.
"We going to play or what?" He questions with a mischief look burning in his eyes. I cock my head slightly to the side, analysing him before snapping out of it and giving him a mischief smile in return.