13-Just Don't

As I sit there waves of emotions flow through me. I never experienced this kind of loss since losing my parents and losing Phil was just like that.  Steve continued to rub my arm trying to tell me he's there for me consoling a friend.  I give him a weak smile when we hear the rustling of a jacket and Director Fury tosses something onto the table.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket" he says as we look to see they are the vintage Captain America cards bloodstains cover them. As Steve let's go of my arm and picks them up to look at them.
"Guess he never did get you to sign them" Nick says looking at Steve. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming" Nick says as he walks around the table and I just lean my head back on the chair.

"Yes we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea Stark and I'm guessing Austin know this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together, when we needed them to, to fight battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heros" before Nick continued on Tony gets up and walks out abruptly clearly not wanting to hear any more.

"Well its an old fashioned notion"Nick then says.
"I need some air"  I say getting up and walking away. I leave the bridge and walk down the hall, when I hear footsteps behind me.
"Cassandra, are you okay?" I hear Steve ask and I stop and turn around to face him.
"Not really, this is just like losing my parents all over again" I say.
"Oh, where you close to Coulson?" He asks.
"Just a little" I say as I try not to cry.

The tears fall anyway and my body collapses into his

The tears fall anyway and my body collapses into his. I can tell he's unsure what to really do but then relaxes and puts his arms around me holding me close.  I can hear his heart racing and feel mine do the same. I then look up at him and he looks down at me and I can sense something between us but quickly pull away. 

"I'm sorry" I say as I wipe my tears away.
"You're allowed to be upset" he says to me.
"Yeah, but I shouldn't be like this" I say.
"Maybe you should get some rest" he suggests.
"Yeah, I should but I think I'm going to go check on Barton" I say.

"Okay, be careful"  he says.
"Yeah, you too" I say as I walk away and go down the hall. I head toward the infirmary to check on Clint, when I spot an agent I ask where his and they tell me a private room. I go to the room and lightly knock on the door before entering. I see Natasha sitting by Clint who is strapped down to a bed. "How is he?" I ask her.

"He should be coming back to us soon" she tells me. We hear him moan and he starts to open his eyes.
"Natasha is Cassie standing beside you or am I still seeing things?" He asks.
"Hey Barton, it's good to see you too" I smile at him.
"You're back?" He asks.

"She's back, and I hope for good" Natasha says as she smiles at me.
"Well so far I'm sticking around, gotta make sure this one doesn't get possessed" I joke with them.
"Umm can we get these off" Clint asks pulling on there restraints.
"Oh, do we have to" I laugh. Natasha then undoes the straps and Clint sits up taking a few seconds.

"You should go clean up" Natasha says to him.
He then heads for the bathroom. I look over at Natasha, "how are you doing?" She then asks me.
"I'll manage" I say to her.
"I know but you were close to Coulson" she says.
"Losing people comes with the job" I half smile at her. Just then we hear someone come to the doorway. We both turn to see Steve standing there back in his uniform.

"Time to go" he says to us.
"Go where?" I ask him.
"I'll tell you on the way, can either of you fly those jets?" He says just as Clint comes back out of the bathroom.
"I can" he tells him. Steve looks at Natasha and I and we nod allowing him to know Clint's back to normal.

"You got a suit?" Steve asks him.
"Yeah" Clint says.
"Then a suit up" Steve tells him as he walks away.
Later once Clint was suit up, Natasha and I joined him and Steve and we heard out onto the tarmac of the helicarrier. We spotted an open jet and walked right on board. The agent inside turned and faced us. "Hey, you are not authorized to be here"

"Son....just don't" Steve warns him and the agent walks off the jet. Clint then hops onto the pilot seat and presses the button to close the back.
"Where to?" He asks Steve.
"New York City, aim for STARK tower" he tells him.
"Buckle up" Clint says as he starts the jet and takes off toward New York City.