16-We Won

"She made it" Steve says as we see Natasha fly away.
"I knew she would" I smile back as we hear more aliens land beside us. "Let's do this" I say as we take off and fight. Steve and I fight side by side, I send energy blasts after energy blast taking out as many aliens as possible. At one point Tony comes and joins us.

"Duck" He warns me and I do so. He sends a repulser blast at Steve's shield and it wipes out every nearby alien. He then flies back off into the sky.
"Are they ever going to stop" I then say to Steve.

"Not until they get what they want Emerald" he says as we continue to fight. I then see him get knocked down, just as I go to help he manages to grab the weapon and toss the alien off.
"Captain, Emerald, the back on 42nd past Madison, they've cornered a lot of civilians in there" we then head Clint inform us.

"We're on it" I reply. We then take off toward the location. The two of us jump through the window, and we see chitauri surrounding scared civilians. We see one about to place what looks like a bomb and Steve tosses his shield hitting it straight in the face and it drops the bomb.

The other aliens start to shoot at us and we manage to deflect their shots. "Everyone clear out" Steve shouts at the civilians below as I blast away two attacking aliens. We try to make our way to the bomb, when more attack. I manage to blast one away making it fall down. Steve's grabbed by another that manages to pull his mask back. He breaks free just as the other alien gets the bomb. We look at each other as the alien tosses the bomb toward us. Steve puts his Shield up just in time to protect us but the blast causes us to fly back. I grab him just in time to protect us from the fall.
"Come on, lets go" he says and we take off down the street. We run and go up against even more chiaturi when Thor comes and joins us. The three of us fight side by side destroying as many as we can. I look to see a alien about to shoot at Steve.

"Steve!" I shout as he gets blasted and falls down. Thor looks at him, "I got him" I say and I rush over blasting at any attacking chiaturi. I help Steve get up and he grabs his shield and stands.

 I help Steve get up and he grabs his shield and stands

"You ready for another?"Thor asks.
"What, you getting sleepy?" Steve jokes as the three of us continue to battle invading enemies.

"I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down" we suddenly hear Natasha day through our ear pieces.
"Do it!"Steve orders her.
"No wait!" Tony then shouts through.
"Tony, these things are still coming" I say to him.

"I got a nuke coming in, it's going to blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it" we listen to him say. The three of us look up and see red and gold flying up towards the hole in the sky.

"Stark that is a one way trip" Steve says and we get no response. We go back inside to fighting trying to not worry about our teammate. Suddenly every chiaturi stop, they fall and begin to convulse.

"He did it" I say. As we look back up waiting for any sign that Tony would be okay. We then notice a supernova coming towards Earth.
Thor nods at Steve, "close it" Steve then says through his ear piece to Natasha.

The portal begins to close and I notice a figure plummeting towards Earth. "Son of a gun" Steve says surprising me. Iron Man continues to fall down toward Earth, and I get scared that we had lost our teammate and now friend.

"He's not slowing down" Thor says as he starts to swing his hammer to fly up and catch him. We then hear a roar and watch as Hulk grabs Tony.  He falls and tosses Tony onto the ground. We rush over and Thor rips the Iron Man mask off. "Is he breathing?" I hear Steve asks as he checks him.

 "Is he breathing?" I hear Steve asks as he checks him

I gasp, not knowing if he's alive or dead. I kneel down beside Steve and he just gives me a solemn look. Just then the Hulk roars out in anger and Tony suddenly gasps.

"What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me she kissed me" he jokes pointing at me.
I laugh and smile at him, "we won" Steve tells him.

"No I did not and would not kiss you" I say as I slowly stand up.

"Alright, ya! Hurray good job guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma?" Tony says and Steve and I just smile at him. "There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is but I want to try it" he says.

"We're not finished yet" Thor then says and we look back up toward STARK Tower.
"And then Shawarma after" Tony says.
We make our way to the tower joining back up with Widow, Hawkeye and Hulk. Going inside we see a beat up Loki trying to crawl away. All seven of us stand there looking at him. As he turns around Hawkeye aims an arrow at him.

"If its all the same to you. I'll have that drink now" he says smirking at us.

<<<Authors Note>>>>
So this is the end of the story, there's an epilogue next and then Book 2 will be published shortly, I really hope you have liked the story!!