14-Into the Fire

We arrive in the city to see complete chaos and explosions going off everywhere.
"Stark, we are heading north east" Natasha tells Tony.
"What did you do, stop for drive thru?" He jokes, "swing up Park, I'm gonna lay it out for you" he tells us.
"Got it" Clint responds and he maneuvers the jet. We spot Tony flying in his Iron Man suit with a chitauri close behind. Natasha manages to get out the gun and fire at the alien. We continue to fly around the city when we see more, "see them" Natasha says. Clint then flies the jet towards STARK Tower where we see Loki standing outside. Just as Natasha aims the gun at him he aims his scepter at us and sends a blast at the jet.

It hits its target and  we begin to spin out of control. Clint manages to get the jet back under control and lands it on a street below.
"Is everyone okay" I ask.
"Yeah" I hear everyone reply. Clint then presses the button to open the back hatch and we all head off into the chaos. We run among the debris, " we got to get back up there" Steve says as we run back toward the tower. We suddenly heard a noise from above and stop. The four of us turn back and look up to see the giant portal in the sky open up need more and what looks like giant alien ship comes through. It flies right by the four of us and we see chitauri jump off landing all over the city.

"Stark, are you seeing this"Steve asks through our earpieces.
"Seeing still working on believing" he says back, "where's Banner? He show up yet?" He then asks.
"Banner?" Steve asks puzzled.
"Just keep me posted" Tony says to us through the comm. links.

The four of us take off running through the debris. Natasha and Clint manage to get ahead of Steve and I and we spot them ducking behind a nearby taxi. We catch up and duck behind the car with them.
"We've got civilians still trapped up there" Clint tells us.

We watch as more chitauri fly by, "Loki" Steve and I both say together. We watch as Loki leads a group of aliens blasting it anything that is in there way. We see cars explode and people running in terror on the street below.

"They're fish in a barrel down there" Steve says as we look at the people running. Suddenly we hear a noise and see chitauri appear and shoot toward us. Clint runs ahead toward an overturned taxi and takes out his arrows and fires at them. Natasha and I both stand up, she shots at the aliens and I send energy blasts managing to take some out. We then duck back down, and she looks at Steve.

"We got this, it's good go" she says to him.
"Do you think you can hold them off?" He asks as he looks at Clint who turns back to look at us.
"Captain," he says as he takes an arrow and puts it in his bow. "It would be my genuine pleasure" as he stands up and starts aiming at the enemy. He gets four of them in a row.

"I'll go with you" I say as Steve gets ready to run

"I'll go with you" I say as Steve gets ready to run. He nods and we take off running as Natasha covers us shooting away and the attacking chitauri. We jump down off the bridge and land on a bus below. We run while being blasted at, I manage to send energy blasts back at the aliens.  We continue to run trying to get to the people to help when the car we go to jump on gets blasted and we are sent flying. I manage to grab Steve and create my force field to protect us from the fall.

"Thanks" he says as I make it disappear and we continue our sprint. Steve and I then manage to get to the police officers landing on the car in-front of them.

"You need men in these buildings. There are people inside and they're going to be running right into the line of fire" Steve informs them. "You take them to the basements or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th" he finishes instructing there officers.

They just look at the two of us, "why the hell should I take orders from you?" The one officer asks. Just then we hear blast behind us and turn to look when two chitauri land beside us. Steve knocks back the one and I go to blast the other, it goes to shoot back and I duck as Steve blocks the shot with his shield. I get back up and send an energy blast and the alien and it goes into pieces. Steve manages to dismantle the other alien.

"That's why you should listen" I say to them

"That's why you should listen" I say to them. They then take off the one giving out orders to his fellow NYPD officers. "We should get back to Hawkeye and Widow" I then say to Steve.
"Let's go" Steve says and we race back though the chaos.
"Hold my hand" I then say to Steve as we get closer to our teammates.
"Umm, what" he asks confused.

"Just do it" I say and take his hand. I make the force field appear and fly us both back up to the others. We land and he looks at me surprised.
"That was, interesting" he says to me.
"I wasn't sure it was gonna work" I then say to him.
"Really, you had no idea if your whatever it is you can do would work?" He asks.
"Well, I've never tried it with another person, I mean I just discovered I could do that" I say looking away, thinking he's mad.
"Well now we know it works" I hear him say and I look over at him and smile.
"Let's go save our team mates" I say and we then take off to go help.