chapter eleven

"Well... isn't this awkward..." you murmur softly as you lie in bed with Sasuke. You've since rolled away from him and lay on your own half of the bed. He gives you his infamous Uchiha "Hn."

"Shouldn't you be at training?" you ask suspiciously, looking at him with an eyebrow raised. He shrugs.

"Well, Itachi's out on a mission and won't be back until tomorrow or the day after, plus father's busy with some things, so I thought I'd just come here and like... hang out," he says sheepishly.

"What about your team? Naruto? Sakura?"

"Kakashi-sensei's gone out on an A-ranked mission with a couple of other jounin. He won't be back for a couple of days either." You frown. How weird.

"So... what do you wanna do?" You sit up, and he follows your lead. You breathe slowly.

Just friends now, relax. He'll never see you as anything more.

You snap your fingers.

"Hey, we should try out my new shuriken!" you exclaim, beginning to get excited. "Yeah, that's it!!" He raises an eyebrow at you.

"What happened to 'no training'?" he asks waspishly, emulating his mother. You scowl at how on point his imitation is, making him smirk.

"Well, it's not training if I'm beating your ass," you grin cheekily. His nostrils flare.

"Excuse you?"

Egged on by the fact that you'd literally just told him you'd give him a beating, Sasuke follows you to the training grounds looking thoroughly annoyed at you as you carry your shuriken in your pouch and wear your brand new chakra gloves.

"But I'm just saying, if mother finds out..." he says in a warning voice. You roll your eyes and flex your gloves.

"Relax. Like I said, it's not training if I'm beating you up," you grin. Sasuke scowls.

"Whatever." You decide to head back to the arena where you and Itachi battled, only to find that it's been cleaned up and all the extra debris had been swept away. There are still no trees, though, and the entire arena looked barren with nothing in it but burnt grass. You inhale a deep breath of air, beaming as you soak in the sunlight.

"Ah, the feeling of getting ready to pummel someone into the ground!" All of a sudden something strikes you in the back of the head, and you turn around, fuming.

"HEY!" you yell at Sasuke, who's smirking and swinging a kunai in between his fingers.

"Well? Are you just gonna stand there and talk or are you actually gonna fight me?" You crack your knuckles and reach for a kunai in your back pouch, grinning at him.

"Bring it!"