chapter twenty six

"(Name)? (Name)!"

You groan and roll over in bed as you hear knocking.

"Go away!" you call, covering your head with the pillow.

"(Name), we've got to go!" you hear Itachi call from the other side of your door.

"Why are you even in my house?" you moan, clutching the pillow tightly over your ears.

"(Name), you idiot, we're at an inn! Hurry up!" you hear Sasuke's voice snap. Your eyes fly open as you remember where you are. You look around the slowly lightening room, and gasp.

Damn it! I slept in!

"I'LL BE OUT SOON!" you yelp, getting to your feet and regathering your senses. You rush into the adjoined bathroom and quickly give your teeth a quick brush, before sliding your shoes on and picking up your ready-packed backpack and katana. You yank open the door and face the two brothers in your pajamas.

"Let's go!"

The two sweatdrop at the sight of you in a cheetah print onesie with a hood, slinging your backpack and katana over your shoulders.

"... aren't you going to get changed?" asks Itachi, with an eyebrow raised. You roll your eyes and push past the two brothers.

"I'll just get changed in the carriage! Come on!" you call over your shoulder, running to the front entrance of the inn. Sasuke facepalms, and Itachi sighs.

"Why do we hang out with such a weird person?" asks Sasuke. His older brother shrugs, and they both begin to follow your lead to the front, where the driver from yesterday awaits with his horses, all ready to go.

"Sorry for the wait," apologises Itachi as he makes his way into the carriage. The man simply nods as the three of you get comfy inside, and you begin rummaging through your bag.

"You two turn around!" you demand, pointing at the two brothers. They both raise their hands in surrender and turn in their seats as you go and close the flaps over the glass less windows.

Sasuke nudges his brother, who turns his head to face him as minimal as possible so that he doesn't catch a glimpse of your near nude body. Sasuke smirks at the restraint in Itachi's eyes, making him scowl and give him a dark look. The two exchange glances and make small noises, as if daring each other to take a quick peek at you undressing. Finally, Itachi sighs, and risks looking.

"Itachi, you pervert," you say loudly, slipping on your undershirt. You stand in your underwear, revealing your well toned thighs and calves. Luckily, you'd covered the important parts of your body, as you'd just finished putting your long black undershirt on.

Itachi blushes a little at being caught, and Sasuke snickers beside him.

"I don't actually care now," you shrug, picking up your short black dress. "Turn around if you want."

The two brothers let out deep sighs of relief as they turn around, with you stepping into your black mini shorts to wear under your dress.

"What's at this resort?" you ask curiously, strapping on your shuriken and kunai pouch. Itachi shrugs.

"Sea, sun, surf- basically things you wouldn't find at Konoha," he says.

"Someone seems more cheerful today," points out Sasuke. You smirk.

"Who knows, maybe I just needed time to think it over," you say, finishing up dressing and taking your seat across from the two.

You all sit in silence for the next twenty minutes, before you finally groan in boredom and agony.

"This is so boring!" you exclaim, pulling at your hair. "There's nothing fun to do!"

Itachi opens his eyes, while Sasuke continues looking out the window. It was getting considerably lighter than when you left the inn, as the sun begins to rise and illuminates the countryside.

"Why don't you take a look at those scrolls Yashiro gave you? We could get some practise in with your katana when we get to the resort," suggests Itachi.

"Oh, yeah, that reminds me, I meant to ask you about these advanced techniques here, wait..."

You rummage through your backpack for the scrolls Yashiro had given to you, and begin animatedly talking to Itachi about them and asking him questions about anything and everything. It soon turns into a normal conversation between the two of you, laughing here and there about a joke or funny memory from your pasts. Meanwhile, Sasuke sits in his position by the window, completely ignoring the two of you.

It was for everyone's best interests that he stayed away from you.

Itachi's gaze slides over to his little brother, and he manages a little smirk before turning back to face you.

Now he understands to stay away from my (name).