chapter thirty three

"What are we going to do, Itachi?"

The room had been cleared of the locals, and you now sat with the two Uchiha brothers at your side, devising a plan for takeover of the Land of Storms. Itachi looks up at you with a rather surprised look on his face.

"You mean... you still want to go ahead with it?" There was no mistaking the shock in his voice. You merely sigh and close your eyes.

"I can remember everything now, Itachi," you say softly. "I still don't get why you people found it necessary to seal those memories away."

"You weren't always so... happy," blurts out Sasuke. "I remember when you came to Konoha, you were a sad, depressed little mess. During your first few months here you were an anti social hermit and the worst shinobi in your year."

"I was not," you say indignantly, offended that he'd even say you were once a terrible shinobi. You look at Itachi for back up, and he merely shrugs.

"You were pretty bad," he admits sheepishly, making you gasp.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I WAS A BAD SHINOBI?!" you screech, a dark look on your face causing the two great brothers to cower in fear. Itachi holds out his hands as if trying to calm you down.

"You were sad and-and it greatly affected your grades and studies!" he gulps nervously. "After we sealed away the horrible memories, with the Hokage's permission of course, you became the happy, cheerful, idiotic (name) we know today!"

You scowl at him calling you an idiot, which results in you hitting him over the head, making him yelp in pain.

"So what are we gonna do?" you almost yell. "Am I going to fight this Sensō bastard for the title or what?"

Itachi and Sasuke exchange looks, making you raise an eyebrow in suspicion.

"What is it?"

Sasuke looks away, leaving Itachi to spill the news to you.

"Well... you know how Kanoko said "black flames engulfed everything and burned for seven days and seven nights straight"?"

"Who's Kanoko?"

"The old woman, idiot."

"Oh, yeah. Continue."

Itachi rolls his eyes before continuing.

"Those black flames were a result of your mother's Mangekyō Sharingan being activated," he says. "I.e, as soon as you saw your entire family eliminated, it was awakened and... I'm guessing you just lost control."

"So I really am an Uchiha," you say jokingly, trying to make fun of the dire past you had. Itachi cracks a grin, making you smile.

"Basically."

A thought comes to your mind, making you gasp and reel away from his touch.

"THAT MEANS WE'RE COUSINS NO GO AWAY!!" you screech, pulling the futon sheets over yourself and kicking Itachi away.

"What the- I-"

"It's completely normal for cousins to get married within clans, (name)," says Sasuke with a drawl, making you shoot him a look of death. "You had no problem with it at first, right?"

"Well, that's because I thought we were totally unrelated, and I was just an Uchiha by name, not by blood!" you exclaim, defending yourself.

"Are you breaking up with me?" muses Itachi, a little smirk playing on his lips. You freeze, and exchange a wary look with Sasuke. His eyes are wide and he's frantically shaking his head from side to side as if saying "DON'T SCREW IT UP DON'T SAY YES!!!"