chapter twenty seven

One week later

"I GOT IT! OH MY GOD, GUYS, I GOT IT!! DID YOU SEE THAT?!"

You're running around in circles on the sand, screaming your head off and waving around your katana in the air while Itachi and Sasuke watch on from the shade of a palm tree.

"She looks hot today," murmurs Itachi to his younger brother, making him roll his eyes.

"Oh, please," he says, turning up his nose at his older brother. "Don't try and turn this into a honeymoon. No sex until after marriage."

Itachi smirks and turns his attention back to watching your bikini clad body running around the sand screaming at mastering jutsu using your katana. You run up to the two, panting with excitement.

"Did you see that?!" you exclaim giddily. "The lightning- it just like-" You point your katana to the sky and make a "whoosh!" sound- "and my katana, just like- ahhhhhh!"

You laugh at how childish you're being and fall backwards onto the sand, laughing your head off.

"That was actually pretty good," admits Sasuke, nodding approvingly. You beam at him and sit up, careful to keep your katana off the sand. Itachi watches you intently before deciding to speak.

"Did you know it has a name?" he asks, inquiring about your blade. You stop laughing but continue smiling.

"What?" He points to your katana.

"Tenshi," he says. "It's called Tenshi."

You hold the blade in your hands, admiring its craftsmanship and style. Tenshi. Huh.

"Tenshi, huh?" you say quietly. You wield Tenshi over your head, beaming.

"TENSHI!"

Itachi chuckles, shaking his head lightly.

"I take it you've enjoyed it here so far?" he asks, leaning forward with his elbow on his leg. You nod vigorously.

"It's been great! I feel kinda sad that we're leaving tomorrow, though," you add with a frown.

It hadn't been much of a holiday since you'd absolutely insisted on continuing doing trainings here and there, but overall, you were having an amazing time.

"You'll have plenty of fun at the Land of Storms!" says Itachi encouragingly. "Plus, I've heard their technology is far more advanced than what we've got back home!"

"Well, hopefully we can find someone who can teach me how to use this properly," you say, frowning and turning Tenshi over in your hands. "That jutsu would've been way better if I'd known how to use her properly."

"Her?" You clutch Tenshi to your chest as Itachi and Sasuke laugh at you giving an inanimate object a gender.

"Tenshi's a her, okay?!"

"Tenshi would look nowhere near as good as you do in a bikini, though," says Itachi sneakily. Your grin falters.

"Wha-? HEY!" you punch him in the face, sending him flying into the trunk of the palm tree.

"I knew there was something fishy about you!" you exclaim, getting to your feet. Sasuke smirks, and you kick him, a vein on your forehead popping.

"You two are such perverts, you know that?! Why, I swear to kami-" Sasuke rolls his eyes and punches you at the back of your thigh, causing you to lose your footing on the loose sand and fall flat on your butt.

"I'm not the one who begged you to wear it," he says, shooting his older brother a look. You glare at Itachi, who smiles weakly with a hand behind his head.

"What can I say, I like attractive women," he says. You blush a little and turn away to hide it, arms crossed.

"Then what are you doing gawping at me, huh?" you asks waspishly. "There are plenty of attractive women elsewhere!"

"Why, you're the most beautiful woman on earth, (name)," comes Itachi's voice from behind you. You hear Sasuke get to his feet.

"I'm gonna, uh... go get something to eat. Come up when you feel like it," he says, before rushing off back to the main building. You turn and see Itachi standing behind you, arms outstretched. His shirtless figure looks as if it's been carved to perfection, his skin softly bathing in the sun's ultraviolet rays.

"You know, (name), there's something I need to ask you," he says lightly, standing in front of you. You awkwardly stand there, clutching Tenshi in your now violently sweating right hand.

"And what would that be?" you ask, laughing nervously and looking right at his face. His face is serene, his eyes soft as he looks upon you.

"Will you be mine?"

Your smile freezes on your face.

"I... I thought I already was!" you say after a while, laughing and scratching the back of your head. He reaches out and intertwines his fingers with yours, making you drop Tenshi to the sand.

"Well, I was just double-checking," he says, smirking and resting his head on your shoulder. You squeeze his hands lovingly.

"I'd love to be yours," you say, smiling softly. When he doesn't respond, you squeeze his hands again.

"Eh? Itachi?"

You look down at him to see him staring at your chest, immersed in thinking god knows what, with a dirty little smirk on his face.

"ITACHI!" you scream, pushing him away from you and punching him on the head. "YOU LITTLE PERVERT, WHY I OUGHTA-"

He yelps and jumps, backing away from you.

"Wait! I'm sorry- AHHHHHHHH!!"