Chapter 39

"Keith?"

Keith felt his breath hitch as he forced a smile on to his lips. "L-Lance..." He shakily stood up and look back quickly to see if anyone followed. "Are you okay?" Lance asks, gripping Keith's shoulder. "I think so..." Lance raised a brow, his gaze peeked behind Keith in the direction he came from, looking for anything suspicious. Sighing, he turned his attention back to Keith. "Keith what are you doing out so late?" Lance asked eyebrow raised.

"Uhhh.... I was drinking with Pidge."

Lance sighed again and rubbed his head.

"Then why are you alone?"

"There you are Kitten!" Keith jumped and paled.

Lance eyes widened as he shared a gaze between Lotor and Keith. Lotor had a decent bloody lip and his jaw seemed slightly bruised from what he can tell under the street light but otherwise that he looked pissed.

"Keith?"

"Lance I swear! I wasn't with him!" Keith replied. Lance pushed him aside and cracked his knuckles. Lotor laughed shaking his head.

"This is getting really old Keith." Keith bit his lip and whimpered slightly.

"Lance please be careful."

Lotor swung first which Lance easily dodged, connecting his fist back into Lotor's jaw. Taking a couple steps back, Lotor laughed and lundged at Lance throwing him off balance and on to the ground. Tackling him, he laid a few punches but Lance was able to buck him off before kicking him straight in the nuts. Lotor hissed in pain but was still able to pull himself back to his feet. His hand reached inside of his pocket. Keith eyes widened.

"Lance look out!" Charging quickly at Lance, Keith shoved Lance out of the way feeling the sharp blade inpail his lower abdomen. Lotor eyes widened and jumped back. Keith carefully cupped his wound watching the red crimson color soak his shirt.

Lance jumped to Keith's side as he dropped to his knees.

"Keith!"

He held the boy close.

Keith coughed roughly as he fell back, his eyes feeling with tears.

"Lance..."

Lance glared up at the one responsible for this but he was gone. Yanking his phone out he dialed up 911 and explained everything to them.

"Lance... It's cold." Keith whispered his grip on the males shirt loosening.

"Hey it's okay Keith. Help is on there way."

Lance hummed softly brushing the males bangs out of his face.

"Lance.... I'm sorry." Keith quietly mumbled trying his best to fight the his heavy eyelids. Tears slipped past Lance as he kept pressure on Keith's wound.

The familiar flashing of Red white and blue blinded Lance for a second as he turned back towards Keith pulling him up in his arms.

"Help is here Keith."

Rushing to get him strapped and in the ambulance, the paramedics took over. Lance watched from afar. Pulling out his iPhone he swiped open Shiro's contact stopping to stare at his stained blood hands.

"Are you Lance?"

A paramedic walked up and asked. Lance locked his screen and nodded.

"Come with us, you can ride in the back with your significant other."

Lance didn't feel like telling him that they weren't like that. He felt like shit that Keith was even in this situation in the first place. It's his fault. If he reacted faster. Or if he didn't even instigate the fight, Keith wouldn't have been stabbed.

It's all your fault.

Lance sighed and pulled open Shiro's contact dialing his number.

"This is Shiro! Leave a message after the beep."

Lance sighed, watching the paramedics stick needles in Keith's arms and hurrying to cover the wound.

"Shiro... It's me. Keith is being rushed to the hospital. He was stabbed. Please hurry."

Yay! Another chapter completed. I dunno how anyone likes this books but thanks for the support <3