Chapter 49

"Water?"

"Yes please." Adam replies as the waitress carefully pours the glass. "Thank you." The woman bowed at Adam before walking away. Adam smiled up at Shiro, head resting against the palm of his hand.

"You look like you've been thinking."

"That's because I have." Shiro replied making Adams face retort into confusion. "We're not breaking up are we?" "Of course not!" Shiro denied. Both of them awkwardly shared a silence. Shiro sighed breaking it and making eye contact with him. "Adam... What happened with your past relationship?"

Adam eyes widened and soften slightly as a frown pulled on his lips. "So Lance told you?"

Shiro nodded in response watching the male take time to think to himself. "My first husband had died in a fire. He was a firefighter and a great man. Bryan comforted me throughout my entire grieving and helped me out through med school. We previously knew each other from one of the CPR classes and instantly became best friends. After Vance had died Bryan was the only one there to help. And over a period of time we kinda connect."

Adam explained glancing up at Shiro nervously. "Shiro he was everything to me. Everything was perfect. He was perfect. But perfect is always flawed. And he was abusive." Shiro shifted uncomfortably and stared at Adam with concern plastered on his face. "I kept blaming myself but in the end I got a grip on our honeymoon before the wedding and took off."

Shiro soaked in all the new information. His eyes gently stared at Adam who was nervous. Shiro stood up and Adam freaked out.

"W-Wait I'm sorry Shiro! Look I'll do anything-"

"Adam."

"I'm sorry I-"

"Adam I'm just asking for the check."

"Why? We haven't ordered anything except the wine."

"I know but I don't think we should talk about this here. It's very personal." Shiro replied as he walked away and payed for the wine. He came back and insisted for Adam to follow.

"You didn't bring your car did you?"

Adam shook his head no and the two piled in Shiro's truck.

"I'm sorry for ruining the evening." Adam softly replied as he stared off outside the window. Shiro shook his head. "Are you kidding me the night just started."
Adam gave him a weird look and Shiro started up the truck and pulled out driving towards good knows where. Adam nervously glanced at his surroundings remembering how to get back just in case he has to run. Eventually the vehicle stopped and Shiro got out. Adam cautiously followed. "Woah.."

His eyes sparkled at the view of the sky. Mixes of blues, sparkly white stars and green hues painted the sky. Shiro's hand gently lanced around Adams. "Pretty isn't? Lance told me about this spot." Shiro quietly explained. Adam felt a tear roll down his cheek as he turned up at Shiro. "Can I kiss you?"

Shiro grinned and pulled the male forward closing off the space between them. Adams arms wrapped around Shiro's neck deepening the kiss. It might take sometime to completely heal but Adam couldn't ask for anyone better then Shiro. Shiro was his newest addiction and he wasn't letting go anytime soon.