Chapter 6

Vic's POV

Ryan glared at me. "Papa, you and Mama need to make up right now!" She exclaimed.

"We're not fighting!" I told her, throwing my arms out. "We're just fine."

"He's mad at you and you need to stop being dumb," she said. "Also, you need to take Emma and Noah to the store. They want to get something."

"We're not fighting and what do they need?"

"They want to use the money from their piggy banks to buy something," she said, glaring at me. "And you and Mama both need to go."

"Why does your mom have to come with?"

"Because you both need to go," she said, pushing me out of the house as Iris dragged Alan down the hall, the twins running behind them.

"Why are you trying to get rid of us!?"

"Please, just leave?" She asked.

"Papa, we got to go to the store right now! Noah and me gotta buy stuff!" Emma shouted, running up with her piggy bank.

"You're not paying in coins!" I said, "We'll stop at the bank and get real dollar bills and stuff, okay?" 

"Okay," she said and looked at Iris and Ryan. "Are you guys helping or no?"

Ryan sighed and pulled ten dollars out of her wallet and handed a five to both of them. "Make sure it's good, okay?"

"Got it," Emma said smiling. She glared at Iris. "You gotta pay up."

Iris rolled her eyes and handed Emma some money, "Happy now?" 

"Good, come on No, we gotta get Mama and Papa out of here," Emma said and pushed the money into her piggy bank and took Noah's hand.

Alan and I looked at each other before we went to the car with the twins. We put them in their booster seats before we quickly stopped at the bank to cash in Emma and Noah's coins.

"What do you think they're up to?" Alan asked softly once we got their coins turned to cash.

"I honestly have no idea."

"It's a secret Mama," Emma said from the backseat.

"So you won't say anything? What about you Noah, do you know?" Alan asked looking back at the two.

He nodded his head. "Iris said if I told you guys she would burn my books," he said.

"Dammit, he won't talk then."

"That's a bad word, Mama," Noah chided.

"I know, I know."

"You can't say it," he said and Emma let out a shout.

"Papa! Go there!" She shouted as we passed by a Walgreens.

"There?" I questioned quickly turning on the next street so I could turn around.

"Yes!"

"Okay, okay. We'll go there."

"Good," she said. Eventually we got there and Alan and I unbuckled our children and they led us inside. Immediately, Emma ran over to the picture department and rang the bell, Noah holding her hand tight.

"What are you two up to?" Alan asked when we reached them.

"Shush," She said to him before turning the man who showed up behind the counter.  "I need to pick up a package for Fuentes, my big sister ordered it and it's 'sposed to be wrapped."