Chapter 12

Alan's POV

I smiled at myself as i drove Vic and I up north. This was his belated birthday gift since it was going on the middle of March right now. I had to figure out a weekend to do it and thank god Kellin agreed to watch the kids for us while we were gone for the weekend. We needed this. A weekend away from kids, work, bills, everything just us and no one else.

I mean I loved our life, but it was normal for parents to have a getaway once and a while and we never really took them. We'd get days here and there together, but overall we never got more than that.

"So where are we going?" Vic asked.

"Up north," I said simply, "Just you and me for the whole weekend. We're at a nice hotel and there's a hot tub, pool, a sauna and a nice room for us."

"Oh really?"

"Yep and this is your birthday gift from me. I know it's going into April, but this was the perfect weekend because it's not quite spring yet but it still nice enough that we can go on a walk along Superior too. It'll be perfect."

"I can't wait."

"You'll love it and I love you and you deserve a relaxing weekend away even if it's a couple months late," I said holding his hand tightly as I drove us.

"How much longer of a drive?"

"About another hour or so, not too long. We'll check in once we get there and then the weekend is ours and only ours. We can do anything you want."

"I just want to do you."

I smiled, "I figured," I said smiling wide.

Before I knew it we were arriving at the hotel. I parked and grabbed our bags before walking in with Vic.

"Reservation for Fuentes," I said to the woman behind the desk. She smiled and checked us in quickly before she gave us our room keys and we headed up to our room. Vic opened up the door and we walked in putting our bag to the side. "Like it? I mean it's not super crazy nice, but it's more of a as long as I'm with you I'm okay kinda thing."

"That's all I care about, Ash."

"I know, I just want this weekend to go perfect because we haven't had a whole weekend alone together in years."

Vic smiled and picked me up his arms and gave me a kiss. "I love you. It's perfect."

I smiled back, "I love you too."

"So did you pack any toys?" Vic asked, giving me a devilish grin.

"I might've packed a few," I said, "But, I wanna go swimming before we do anything."

"Okay, okay."

"And then we can party all night long together with no interruptions." 

"I can't wait," Vic said, eyeing me up and down.

I gave him a quick kiss before I opened up our bag and grabbed my swim trunks. 

"Let's go," Vic said, smiling at me.

I took his hand and soon we were on our way down to the pool. 

"I miss our kids."

"Already?"

Vic looked at me and nodded, pursing his lips. "Yeah. I'm so absolutely happy that I'm here with the love of my life but I like the loudness and the craziness with our kids."

"Well no worries, we'll have to plan a vacation with all of them sooner or later," I said as we walked into the pool area.

"I know and then I'm going to want to kill myself."