Chapter 16

Alan's POV

I held Nora tight to me as she slept soundly in my arms. She hadn't been sleeping in her bassinet very much lately and it was like every time we set her down in it she start to cry right away. It wasn't good at all, but we also didn't want her to cry all the time either and wake up the kids at night, so usually Vic or I would sleep with her in our arms in their room sitting the rocking chair.

I also tried to do as much baby stuff as I could too. I was going back to work before Vic and I knew it wouldn't be easy for him to take care of these three alone so I tried to do most of it right now. I knew I probably shouldn't be, but I wanted to help him out and let him sleep as much as possible.

I jumped a little when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Don't scare me, she's finally asleep," I whispered leaning into Vic. I'd let him sleep the whole night and I pretty much have been up all night with the triplets, none of them seemed to want to sleep  at all. Finally though Aria and Anthony fell asleep at about one in the morning and Nora has just been asleep in my arms for about an hour.

"You need sleep," he whispered.

"I'm just fine," I said turning to him as I tried to hold in a yawn before Nora woke up and started crying again, "Oh no, oh no, no," I whined.

"Give her to me, go to bed," Vic said.

I shook my head, "I got it, you can just go relax Vince."

He gave me a look and took Nora out of my arms. "My baby," he said and kissed her forehead. "Go to bed, Mi Amor."

"I-I can do it," I said reaching for her.

"Alan," he said. "Go to bed."

"But I'm good. I'm not tired."

"You look tired."

"I don't."

"Babe, please let me take care of the triplets. You were up all night."

I sighed, "I'm good, I wasn't up all night really. I slept for a couple hours I think and then Noah woke up with Nora's crying so I woke up and dealt with that and then Anthony started and I'm so exhausted," I said as I started to cry from exhaustion which only made the Nora cry more.  Vic frowned and positioned Nora in one arm and pulled me into his other and gave me a kiss.

"It's okay, Mi Amor, go to bed I can handle the babies. You need to sleep. I'm going to call the pediatrician and see if we can get Nora in to see why she's been crying so much."

I nodded, "O-okay," I said going to our room.

Vic grabbed my hand before I got all the way there and pulled me to him and gave me a kiss. "I love you, and I'll be there soon okay?"

"Okay," I said with a smile before I laid in our bed waiting for him.

I grinned as I heard him start singing to Nora to get her to sleep. He was so cute.  I loved him and he was so good with them. Eventually I stopped hearing the cries and Vic came in the room and smiled at me.

"Hi baby," he said, getting on the bed with me and pulled me into his arms.

"Hi," I said resting my head on his chest.

"You okay?" He asked, rubbing my back softly.

"Babies are a lot." 

"Yeah, they are. But you're doing great."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

"I needed to hear that."