Chapter 10

Alan's POV

"All of them have a fever," I said sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in my hand. All four of the kids had come down with the flu, this was not a good thing either. I looked down at my coffee then back to Vic, "I can stay home today, I just have paperwork and such to do, nothing too crazy or anything."

"Are you sure? I can stay home, Mi Amor."

"It's fine Vee. I can stay and take care of them."

"Okay, okay."

"Don't worry, they all already have medicine and are sleeping again."

"Alright, let me know if you need me to come home, okay?"

"Just make sure you get more medicine before you come home. We'll be out by the end of the day."

"I will, text me to remind me, okay?" Vic said, brushing his fingers through my hair.

"I'll make sure I do," I said smiling at him. "When are you done?"

"Four," he said.

"Perfect. I think I'm gonna make some soup or something, my mom sent me this chicken noodle soup recipe and I wanna try it."

"Don't burn my house down, okay?" Vic asked.

"Your house? My name's on the mortgage too you know."

"I'm the man of the house," he said, puffing out his chest. "My house."

"Uh barely, I had to kill a spider for you last night."

"You did not!" Vic shouted.

"I did because you were screaming like a little girl when you saw it."

"I was not screaming," he argued and flicked my nose.

I slapped his hand, "Yes you were! Then you started screaming for me to come kill it for you."

"Ow!" He whined.

"Don't be a liar then."

"I'm not a liar, you're abusive," he complained.

"I'm not abusive, you're the one who hits me."

Vic gave me a look before he turned on his heel and walked away, his shoulders slumped.

"Vee! I didn't mean it like that, I was joking!" I said following him. Vic shook his head.

"I'm going to head to work," He said softly.

"Vince," I whined wrapping my arms around him tight from behind, "I didn't mean it."

"It's fine," he murmured.

"No it's not, I shouldn't have said it."

"No, you shouldn't," Vic snapped and pushed me away from him before he stalked out of the house.

I groaned, I was so stupid. I shouldn't have said that. He was always so worried about hurting me when we did stuff and there I go saying that he's abusive when he wasn't. I'd have to talk to him later and get him to forgive me or just make him feel better. He never hurt me.

I let out a sigh. I couldn't make myself feel bad about this all day. We'd make up later today. We always made up. Instead of being sad about it I started making the soup that would be for dinner tonight. It would have to basically cook all day, so I'd have to start now. 

I followed the recipe that my mom had sent me and soon enough it was all in a big pot cooking. I left the kitchen making sure to set a time before I went to check on all the kids.