Chapter 9

Alan's POV

I sat on the couch texting Austin to make plans for lunch tomorrow. Vic still didn't like that I was slowly becoming friends with Austin, but it also wasn't his choice to make either. I could be friends with whoever I wanted to be and he couldn't stop me either.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Vic asked coming into the living room.

"Hm?" I hummed looking up at him.

"Mama, can I watch cartoons?" Noah and Emma asked coming into the living room before Vic could answer.

I nodded and started to set up their favorite show, "What's up Vee?"

"Just coming to see what you were doing," he said, sitting next to me.

"Just texting Aust," I said as my phone went off.

"Oh, dumb."

I rolled my eyes, "It's not dumb."

"If you say so, hey do you want to get lunch tomorrow?" He asked.

"Can't, I'm going to lunch with Austin..." 

"Oh," he mumbled.

"Sorry, but we can another day," I said smiling at him.

"It's fine, I'm about to be really busy at work the next few weeks," he said, shrugging.

"What? Why?"

"Mi Amor, it's January, I just got a crap ton of new students for the semester and they're going to have me doing all of that stupid first week of college shit."

I whined, "No."

"I know it's the worst part," he muttered.

"That's dumb."

"Tell me about it," Vic said.

I hummed and rested my head on his shoulder, "When are we gonna ever have sex within that time?" I asked quietly so Noah and Emma didn't hear.

"At night?" He asked.

"Well if you're not tired or if I'm not. We're starting a new study at work soon, I'll be working later. Did I tell you I got that raise I asked for?" 

"Oh wow, that's awesome!"

"I know, it's great."

"That means you can be my sugar daddy now," Vic said, his hand going on my thigh.

"As if, we have a surrogate to pay for first and kids and bills."

"I know, we're about to have so many damn bills."

"Yeah, I don't know how we're gonna afford all this. I gotta crunch the numbers and look at it soon," I said placing my hand over his.

"We'll make it work, we always do," Vic murmured, taking my hand and kissing it.

"I can only hope."

"We will, I'll get a second job if we need," Vic told me.

"Hopefully we don't need to get that point," I said giving his hand a squeeze. 

"I hope not, but I can pick up a librarian position."

I nodded, "Yeah? I'm sure if needed I could find something to do at night or on the weekends."

"No porn or camming though, right?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the ribs, "Don't be rude. I'll punish you."

"Do it," Vic purred.

"I don't know if you deserve that kind of fun."

"I think I do. I love it when you punish me baby."