Chapter 13

Vic's POV

I let out a sigh and walked into the house, I had an entire briefcase full of tests that I needed to grade and I was not looking forward to it one bit. There were just too many and I knew that as soon as it hit tomorrow, I was going to get flooded with emails from students about how they did on their tests and I was not looking forward to it.  I think out of everything, this was the worst part about being a college professor. The amount of grading was insane.

"You're home late," Alan said when I walked into the living room.

"Sorry, work held me up."

"Until nine at night?"

"Yeah, until nine at night."

"Why so late? You've never been this late."

"Because I had stuff to do and I stayed late to grade a bit of stuff and I have more to grade. It shouldn't be that big of a deal Ash."

"Whatever," he muttered.

"What is it? Did I do something?" 

"Do you know what today is, Victor?"

"Uh... Thursday?"

He glared, "Yeah, just Thursday," He grumbled before stomping off. 

"What did I do?" I asked Ryan as she came in the room with a bowl of popcorn.

She sighed and shook her head as she sat down on the couch, "You forgot his birthday."

"Wait what?" I said and checked my phone. It couldn't be, his birthday was tomorrow, wasn't it?

"It's his birthday," She repeated, "And you made him mad and we were supposed to watch a movie!" 

"I didn't mean to make him mad! I thought today was the twenty first!" I shouted.

"Well obviously it's not."

I let out a groan and ran up the stairs after my husband. When I got up to our room there was a pillow and blanket set outside of the door. I knocked on the door softly.

"Ash?"

"What?" He mumbled cracking the door opening slightly.

"I am so sorry, baby," I said, frowning. "I thought tomorrow was your birthday. I had an entire day planned out for you and everything."

"Save it," He said shutting the door and locking it. I knocked on the door again.

"Ash," I said.

"What do you want Vic?"

"Baby just let me in," I whined.

"No," he said and I let out a huff.

"Fine, I'll sleep out here," I said and laid out the blanket and pillow and laid down in front of my bedroom door. 

"How do you forget a birthday?" He asked through the door.

"I thought it was tomorrow, I didn't forget," I said.

"What did you have planned?" 

I sighed and slid my hand under the door and smiled and I felt his fingers just barely touch mine. "I was going to take you out to dinner to your favorite restaurant. We were going to go massages and have a nice spa day and to finish off the night, I made reservations at a really nice hotel and Ryan and Iris were going to babysit the twins for the night," I told him quietly. "Oh and we were going to go play mini golf."

"Really?" 

"Yeah, it was going to be great. I just got my days mixed up, Ash," I said.

He sighed, "Sorry."