Epilogue

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting! It's been great writing this series! Stay tuned for more!

Vic's POV

*two years later*

I rubbed my eyes and looked at Alan. "Does she have to go?" I said, trying my best not to cry. Alan gave me an unimpressed look and crossed his arms.

"Vee, she has to go to college," he said. Today was the day that my baby girl was moving away from home forever and I couldn't handle it. She was my first kid, the girl who used to love to do everything with me. Now she was in a serious relationship with Maddy and the two were moving into college together as roommates and my heart couldn't handle it.

"Does she have to room with Maddy, though? I mean, what if they broke up halfway through the year and they're stuck living together?" I stressed and he rolled his eyes.

"Then they can request new roommates. It's not a big deal, Vincent."

"But what if she needs us or something!"

"She's like an hour away."

"That's too far if there's an emergency," I argued and stormed down the hall to Ryan's room where she was packing up some last minute things. "Ryan!"

"What Papa?"

"Don't go," I whined, pulling her into my arms. "I miss you so much already."

"Oh my god, we talked about this. I'm going and you can't stop me," she said holding me tight anyway.

"You're going to call me every single day and come home on weekends right?" I said.

"I'm not coming home every weekend, but I'll call."

"Ryan," I shouted, hugging her even tighter.

"What? Papa, it's fine."

"It's not fine, remember when you were just nine years old and you followed me everywhere I went and you were my little buddy?" I said, hugging her to me.

"I'm aware, but I can't live here forever."

"Yes you can," I said.

"No I can't, that would be so sad."

"I disagree. I think it shows that you love your father," I said with a sniff and she pushed away from me and glared at me.

"Papa, I'm going off to college whether you like it or not."

"I know, but I still don't think you should. Why not just stay home?"

"You know that's a stupid idea."

"Is it really?" I asked.

"Yes, yes it is. I wanna do this and I'm excited to do it. I wanna be independent." 

"I know but you can be independent here, at home, where I can protect you," I said, brushing her hair out of her face.

"You can't protect me forever."

"Wanna bet?" I demanded.

"Papa, seriously I'm leaving and you can't stop me."

"Why do you hate your poor papa?" I asked her.

"I don't hate you! Mama! Papa's being annoying!" She shouted.

"Don't tell on me!" I exclaimed.

"Mama!"

Alan came into the room and sighed, "Vic leave the poor girl alone," He said. "But you need to give him a break too Ry. We love you so much and it's gonna be weird not having your here all the time and you were our first kid together it's a lot to handle for us, but your Papa is more of a pussy about it."