1. partners & dates

for my best friend,

betsy POV

"betsy hurry up!" luke screamed up the stairs. "hold on!" I screamed back. I put the last touches of my makeup on. "Perfect" I said. I grabbed by bag, slipped my vans on a ran down the stairs.

"Ok ready" I said smiling. "You lucky I was just about to leave your ass here" he said walking out the door. I followed him out into his car and got in the passenger seat.

"We have to pick up Ashton" he said turning the key. "Again?" I complain. "Yeah his car broke yesterday" he said. I rolled my eyes as we drove away.

We pulled up to Ashton's house and he was waiting on the curb. I would have complained more if he didn't look like... well him. He hopped in the back.

"Hey guys" he said. "hey" I mumbled. I whipped out my phone to see a text from my boyfriend Harvey.

harv 😘
morning:)

I smiled at my phone

"who are you texting" Ashton saids behind me reaching up and grabbing my phone. "Ashton!" I scream reaching for my phone. "Oh it's just your dick of a boyfriend" he says looking at my phone.

I grab my phone back "he's not a dick" I say back. "I think he is betsy" luke said laughing. "Shut up" I said angrily. "Didn't he beat up Calum last year for stepping on his shoes?" Ashton asked luke laughing.

"Yeah I think that happened" luke said laughing as we pulled up to school. "Ok if you guys are done shit- talking my boyfriend I'll be going now" I said getting out of the car and walking up to the school where courtney was waiting for me.

"Hey you look pissed" she said. "Yeah well" I said back. "Okk" courtney said walking next to me. "here catch up later I have to find Harvey" I said stopping looking at her. "Fine" She said walking away.

I rolled my eyes as I looked around for Harvey. I saw him at his locker. "Hey" I breathed out walking up. "Hey babe" he said. "You look stressed" he laughed. "Yeah well maybe I'll calm down by tonight" I said laughing.

"oh about that" he said scratching his neck. "What?" I asked. "I have to cancel something came up" he said. "Oh" I said looking down. "Hey I'm sorry" he said.

"It's ok I'll just have courtney over or something" I said. "Cool see you later babe" he said walking away. "Oh ok" I said as he walked away. I sighed.

I look over to see courtney talking to Michael. Oh god better save her before she does something stupid. "So I told him I don't even like cheese!" I heard her say. "Hey!" I said walking over to them.

"what are you guys talking about?" I asked. "Apparently cheese" Michael said laughing. "Calum!" Michael yelled seeing him across the hallway. "Well talk to you guys later" he said walking away.

"Bye courtney" he says turning back around. She waves. Once he was out of sight she let go of her breath. "What happened I blacked out" She asked smacking her forehead. "Well I came over and you were talking about cheese" I said laughing.

"Oh god" she said putting her hands on her face. "I don't even like cheese" she mumbled. "Yeah I think he knows that now" I said laughing. She opened her locker and put her head in it.

"Cmon we gotta go to class" I said laughing. "No Michael is there I'll embarrass myself again" she mumbles through her locker. "Let's go" I pull her out of her locker as we walk to class.

We sat in the back I sat next to Ashton and she sat next to Calum. Calum and courtney have been best friends forever. Like since birth. "Ok today class we will be starting a project and you will have a partner" the teacher said.

Me and courtney both looked at each other smiling. "And no you will not be able to pick them" she said looking at us. She's never liked us.

"Ok these are the groups. Calum and luke" She said. Luke and Calum did a weird handshake thing. "Michael and courtney" she said.

Michael looked back at courtney and smiled. Courtney looked at me like she had seen a ghost. I laughed. She listed off a few more. "and lastly umm Ashton and betsy" she said setting down her clipboard.

We both groaned. "Seriously" I said. "Don't act too excited" Ashton said rolling his eyes. "We won't have a lot of time to do this in class so I suggest if you want a good grade do it outside of school" she said.

The bell rang. Courtney put her stuff in her bag and basically rang out the door. Michael tried to talk to her but she ignored him and bolted. "Is it something I did?" He asked looking at me. I shook my head.

"Listen" I said turning to Ashton. He stood up and looked at my putting his bag on his shoulder. "I'm not doing all the work so you'll come over to my house on Tuesdays" I said firmly. "What if I have something to do?" He asked.

"I couldn't care less" I said walking away. The rest of the day went by fast. Me and courtney were walking out of school when I said "hey can you come over Harvey bailed again" i asked.

"Depends is luke having over his hot band mates?" She asked. "Courtney" I whined. "Betsy the band including your brother is very hot and you just have to except that" she said. "Gross, will you just come over?" I asked. "Of course" she said laughing.

word count : 960

hey guys I'm back at it with another story this story is very special because it is for my very best friend betsy. Hope you love it! - c💞