18. Late nights & fuck off's

Betsy POV

I was in first period talking with Ashton when courtney walked in. She was wearing sweatpants and an old t-shirt with a messy bun and she had bloodshot eyes. She hands the teacher the tardy slip. "I'm sorry I'm late" she said turning to the teacher. She started walking to her seat but the turned back around. "Actually I'm not sorry" she shrugged and went to her seat. The teacher gasped. So did I.

Michael looked surprised too. She went to her seat. Calum turned around. "Courtney you look like shit" he laughed. "Fuck off" she said quite loudly. "Dude" he Michael hit him shaking his head. I saw tears started coming down courtney's face but by now it seemed normal.

-

I was sitting in my room finishing my paper when there was a light knock at my door. "Come in" I said lightly. I saw Michael's head poke out then walk in closing the door behind him. "What do you want Clifford?" I asked in a annoyed tone tapping my pencil. "I'm scared" he said walking over to me. "Of me? You should be" I rolled my eyes. "No" he said sitting down. "I'm scared of my feelings" he said blankly.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I don't know like when I'm around courtney it's just I feel fuzzy" he said worried. "Fuzzy?" I asked. "Yeah like tingling I don't know ive never felt it before. I feel like I'd do anything to make her happy" he said looking at me. "Mike that's called love" I said looking at him. "-and I got scared of what I was feeling and so I broke it off" he said standing up. "I didn't want to admit I was in love. I didn't know how she felt" he said honestly.

"Wow your so fucking stupid" I laughed. He just looked at me. "I'm pretty sure she's been in love with you since she saw you walk into mrs. Henrys class freshman year" I laughed. "Really?" He asked. "Have you not noticed?" I asked. He shook his head. "Michael she talked to you about cheese" I laughed. "She hates cheese" he laughed. "Oh my god she loves me" he said shaking his head. "I gotta go" he said running out the door.

-

"Baby please" ashton pleaded. "No ash it's 1 in the morning" I said through the phone. "I need to see your face" he whined. "Can't you just see it in 6 hours?" I asked. "No that's too long" he whined again. "I'll have you back by morning" he said. I paused. "Too risky luke would catch us, no" I said rubbing my eyes. "Too bad I'm already at your house" he laughed.

"What?" I asked getting up and looking out the window. Sure enough he was sitting in his car under the streetlight. "I hate you" I groaned. "I love you" laughed. "Ok hold on let me get dressed" I said reaching to close the curtains. "Wait don't close the curtains!" He pleaded. "I'll be out in 5 minutes you perv" I laughed closing them.

-

"Where are we going?" I asked with a smile on my face. "You'll see" he smiled putting his hand on my thigh. "Here I brought you a coffee" he said handing me a cup that was really warm. "This is why I love you" I said bringing the cup up to my lips. A few minutes later we pulled up to a playground. "A playground?" I asked.

"Yeah I used to come here as a kid, my mum would take me and my sister" he smiled "I thought when I was young that I'd take my future girlfriend here and look at the stars, I don't know it's stupid" he shrugged. "That is the cutest thing in the world" I said smiling kissing him softly.

He blushed and we got out and he went to the trunk of his car and pulled out a blanket. We walked over to the field and he spread out a blanket. We both laid down. I put my head on his chest as we looked up at the stars. He pointed out some of the stars as we tried to make shaped out of them. "That looks like a spoon" I said pointing up. "You mean like the Little Dipper?" He asked laughing. "Yeah" I laughed.

"I can't believe I'm leaving all of this next year" he sighed. "What?" I asked confused. "College?" He said. I went stiff. I forgot. Ashton with be leaving next year. Along with luke, Michael, and Calum. My 2 best friends and brother. I'll be all alone in my house. No boys banging drums and electric guitars in the garage.

No more laughs on Friday nights with luke and Calum. It will all be gone next year. "Right" I said hesitantly. "Hey" he said sitting up. "We don't have to worry about that right now" he said grabbing my hands. "I can't believe that's just in 6 months" I said looking down. "Hey" he squeezed my hands lightly so I'd look up at him.

"That's why we need to enjoy moments like these" he smiled. I leaned forward and started kissing him. "I love you" I said against his lips. "I love you more babygirl" he smiled. my heart=melted. We laid back on my ground and looked up at the stars just listening to each others breathing. I wish i could stay in this moment forever.

word count: 915

sorry this short didn't wanna start anything else