22. talks & failing classes

Betsy POV

I woke up with a big smile on my face. I got ready for school quickly and ran downstairs. Ashton was picking me up and we are gonna walk into school for the first time together. Hand & hand. Boyfriend & girlfriend. "Why are you so smiley?" Luke asked biting into his toast. "Ashton'a picking me up" I gushed. "Does that mean you won't ever drive with me to school anymore?" He asked with a sad face.

"No no no I will still drive with you some days" I said looking at him. "But I need to spend time with my boyfriend" I smiled. Luke rolled his eyes. Then my phone buzzed.

my boy 💓🥰
I'm here :)

"He's here" I smiled at my phone. "Please don't have babies" luke said. "Luke Robert hemmings stop bringing it up" I said heat rising to my cheeks. He got up from his chair. He walked up to me and crossed his arms. "I think it's time we have the talk" he said. "No no no no I'm not having this talk with you" I said plugging my ears. He grabbed my arms and pulled my fingers out of my ears.

"You know that protection-" he started. "STOP" I yelled running past him. "I've gotta go" I yelled grabbing my bag. "Be safe I love you!" He yelled. "Love you" I yelled before shutting the door and running out to Ashton's car.

"You look uncomfortable" he laughed. "Yeah Luke tried giving me 'the talk' before I left" I said. "You know we could always-" he started. I threw my bag at him. He started laughing. "Keep it in your pants Irwin" I said turning up the music. He started singing and so did I put I'm stopped when I heard his voice.

I turned down the radio. "Hey why'd you turn it down?" He whined. "Ashton, you have the voice of a fucking angel" I said looking at him. He blushed. "No I-"

"It's beautiful you should sing more in 5sos, I'm serious" I smiled.

-

We pulled up to the school. I sat there staring at the school as he took the key out of the ignition. "Ready?" He asked. I took a deep breath. "Yep" I sighed reaching for the door handle. We started to walk when Ashton grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. I looked up and smiled at him. We walked into the school.

We got a few gasps & weird faces. I was getting nervous. Ashton looked at me and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Hey your ok, we're ok" he smiled. I nodded. And I was-we were. Until missy rounded the corner. She walked up to us. "Wow Ashton you've really stooped low" she said looking at him the looking me up and down "really low" she said looking at me.

"Excuse me?" Ashton said anger rising in my face. "What? I just mean your dating, hemmings over here when you could be with me" she said brushing hair off her shoulder. "I wouldn't date you if you were last girl on earth, & betsy she's a better girlfriend than you'll ever be I'm so lucky to have her" he said looking at me.

I smiled. She rolled her eyes and we started walking away. Ashton turned around again to face her. "Oh and another thing, my girlfriend is 100x hotter than you" he said before walking away leaving her jaw on the floor I started laughing.

"You didn't have to do that" I smiled. "Oh trust me I did" he smiled. We walked up to Calum, Michael, courtney, and luke. Smiles across their faces. "Awe look at the happy couple" Calum said smiling. "Looks like there's a new couple in town you two better watch out" luke said to Michael and courtney. They both were standing at an uncomfortable distance from each other. "It's not like it matters anyway" Michael huffed. "What's that suppose to mean" courtney snapped at him looking half way hurt. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

I looked at courtney but she just looked down at the floor picking at her nails. "I guess cake has to come to life" Calum said putting his arm around luke. "Get off me" he laughed pushing Calum off him. "Honestly ship it" I laughed. The bell rang. "Off to class students" A teacher growled. "Ready?" Ashton asked me. I nodded as we walked into first period and sat down. "So as most of you know, today that big project that you had with you partner a few weeks ago is due today" The teacher chirped. Ashton turned over to me wide-eyed.

"Betsy this is going to ruin my grade and the i'll fail this class and not get into college and then not provide for our family and-" He went on "Ash calm down, i got it done" I laughed. He took a breath of relief. "Awe and you said our family" I smiled. He turned red realizing he had said. "N-no i didn't" He said. "Whatever you say" I laughed.

Michael turned around "Could you guys maybe shut the fuck up?" He said unamused, making Courtney hit him the shoulder. He rolled his eyes and grabbed his bag and walked out of class. Courtney looked hurt. "Whats up with him?" I leaned up and asked her. She shurgged. "He's been like this all day and i'm fucking tired of it" She said throwing her pencil down.

I gave ashton a worried look before the bell rang. The school day went by fast and i was getting some things out of my locker when Calum ran up to me. "whats up cal?" i asked shutting my locker. "it's Michael & Courtney you have to see this" He said out of breath. My face dropped as i ran after calum to see a group of people surrounding Courtney & Michael screaming at each other.

word count: 954

Guys i need your help what should the girl's name be in my next book??