Chapter Eleven: Truth and Lies

Why did the little witchling have to be so fucking tempting?

It was a question that I had rolled around in my brain the entire night. My hands on her had felt divine and she felt even more soft and delicate underneath them than I had originally thought. I had spent a majority of the night with my cock hard and throbbing angrily at me as my instinct hissed at me to join her in her bed because she was receptive. Her scent was so fucking sweet it made my mouth water and my cock jump in my pants. It didn't matter about that bitter undertone because I had never smelled a female so sweet before. The King of the fucking Covens was a fucking idiot to not marry her right away and for sending her out with me.

There was a part of me that knew that this mission would not end without me getting between her legs at least once. It was a horrible thought because I knew what they did with witches who found themselves in fuck buddy territory with weres. They got burned. The End Bringer's death sealed that law without mercy. As much as I wanted to get one over on the King by bedding his amour I wasn't really keen on putting her in that type of danger. Which was another problem for me. The very fact I felt like that spelled massive fucking trouble. Attachments did not fly in my line of work or for my life  in general.

Still I found myself looking for her, watching her movements without an ability to stop. She was graceful. Her body lithe and smooth and I wanted to wrap her legs around me as I pummelled her with my cock until she couldn't even remember her fiance's name or his touch. I narrowed my eyes and did my best to adjust my aching cock in my pants without anyone seeing as I lead the little witchling through the crowds of Faes. It wasn't hard, they scattered the moment they looked at me. Well the males, the females occasionally threw me an appreciative glance but I couldn't bring myself to return their glances because my mind was filled with Lacey.

I nearly groaned. Her name tasted sweet on my tongue and that felt like a death sentence because I wanted to pin her down and see just where else she tasted sweet. The name matched her in personality and in build and I wanted to scowl as she pressed closer to me as another group of Fae males walked closer. I bared my teeth, sending them scurrying across the road. That was surprising as well, the little witch seemed to have no love for any males that moved in more than groups of two, even then she was excessively wary. It made my job of protecting her from them so much easier.

"So where are we starting to look?" Her question was asked low as she sped up to walk beside me and I clenched my hands into fists to keep from reaching around her and tugging her close to my side.

Soft female

Lovely female

She's receptive

Take her hard

I wanted to hiss out air from between my teeth as my instinct started to coil itself through my bones once more. It was making this harder than it needed to be. I didn't need it hissing at me like it was because I wasn't out of my own mind. I knew how much I wanted to drag her off to the closest out of sight place to dive face first between her legs just to feel her come on my tongue. My cock jumped angrily at the thought and I bit back a groan.

"The Emporium. Someone there will have seen them." It was the biggest place where a lot of black market shops gathered. No one could police a dimension that wasn't entirely there and I doubted they even tried. However a werewolf and a runaway witch would head there at least once or twice and seeing them together, especially with a young werefemale would be memorable.

"Makes sense. Bam always one to do things illegally. The Emporium probably is a home away from home for her. If the werewolf hasn't chained her somewhere." Worry coated her tone and I frowned at her words before reaching out and grabbing her arm, stopping her progress.

"Why do you say that?" No werewolf in his right mind would hurt a female, never mind take a witch. That made literally no sense and I knew that would have been something I would have heard.

"She was taken by a rabid werewolf." She blinked up at me, worry darkening the colour of her eyes.

"Rabid werewolves are not allowed to roam freely and certainly not allowed to take witches." Rabid werewolves were destroyed quickly and efficiently. I knew that because I had been part of several hunting parties to do just that. Besides their instincts were to head to the deep woods and into caves so they could ambush their prey. They never sought out trouble like that. "She and a werewolf stole a young werefemale that can possibly stop the curse. Where did you hear that?" It was utter nonsense that she thought otherwise.

Her face paled slightly. "Mercutio told me she had been kidnapped... Why would he lie?" She looked suddenly conflicted and I cursed slightly before I pulled her into an alley so that everyone would stop looking at us like they were. We didn't need added scrutiny.

"That warlock is up to something, witchling, I don't know what but that witch and that weremale are being hunted because they stole a werefemale named Boudica that can help stop the curse." I needed her to be clear on that. A rabid werewolf was something that put the entirety of the Forests in danger, especially if it got out that he had taken a witch. That would mean war. What the fuck was that pompous king playing at?

"Oh." She looked up at me and swallowed hard, I could see that pale column moving and I had a sudden urge to lean down and nip at the pale flesh before laving it with my tongue. I shook my self out the thought immediately as she shifted on her feet. "Do you think he told me that because he thought I would say no if I knew Bam had done something horrible?" She was looking up at me like I had the answers but I didn't know what to say to her. He could have but something in me told me not to trust that male. He was all sorts of wrong.

"Would you have gone for it if you knew that?" I realized I was still holding onto her and let my hand drop, sticking my hands into my pockets to keep from reaching out for her again.

"Yes." She said it without hesitation and a blush touched her cheeks, slowly moving across her cheekbones, painting them beautifully. I closed my eyes, trying very had to not lean forward and kiss her like I was aching to do.

It would be easy

Take her

We are alone

Sweet female

Pretty female

Receptive female

I bit back a groan. I had a job to do and I was damn well going to do it. I thought that focusing on the task would make my instinct shut up but it seemed like that whenever I was close to the little Lacey everything went out the window when she nibbled on her pretty pink bottom lip and blushed so sweetly. I rubbed at my face, turning and starting to pace.

"Why would he lie?" She asked it so softly I barely heard it.

"I don't know." I bit the words off before narrowing my eyes. This shit was getting complicated. Too complicated. I smelled a rat and I knew this time he was wearing a crown.