Chapter Twelve: In the Club

I hadn't wanted to stop searching but, despite myself, when he had taken me back to the motel I had realized how tired I actually was. I had nearly dropped into my bed when we had come into the room. I blamed Abe for that, I hadn't slept well the night before. It was hard to sleep when desire thrummed through me like it had. It made sleep rather impossible and I hated him for making me feel like that. Torn between doing as my desire wanted and the threat of being burned at the stake. It wasn't a nice place to be in and I wondered why the hell I had such a reaction when every other witch was disgusted by werewolves.

It didn't make any sense for me and I barely had time to ponder it, let alone take off my shoes before I had fallen asleep. I had a rather powerful nap and had only woken up when Abe had returned, closing the door. I had bolted upright, confused and unsure about what was going on and where I was. To be fair I had my shoes taken off and I was tucked underneath the blankets which was definitely not the position I had crashed in.

My confusion must have alerted Abe because he told me he hoped I was alright with him making sure I was tucked in and comfortable before he had left to get more leads. Which had caused me to blush because why the hell had he done something so courteous? My blush had only deepened when he had told me I snored slightly. No woman wanted to hear that but I couldn't exactly trust him because his mouth had twitched upwards into a smirk as he said it.

"Earth to the witchling." Abe's voice was almost teasing, the tone was there so faintly I wasn't entirely sure but I was suspicious. "You still with me here or do you need to go have another nap?" At that I felt my cheeks heat up and I hunched my shoulders forward as I fiddled with the necklace nervously.

"I'm fine." I glanced at him as I said it and he didn't seem bothered by the response or the fact that I had needed a nap like a toddler. That in itself was embarrassing. I never had the urge to nap before but all that running around must have made me more tired than normal. I just hated the fact I hadn't helped him out more after we had come back to the motel. "So you said you clarified that the person we needed to see was here?" I pointed to the flashing sign that spelled out the club's name. Prestige.

To be honest it didn't look like much but then again it seemed to be a supernatural club and the brick front was more than likely to keep the faint of heart at bay.

"I did. Cherri, works here in the evenings. She knows the coming and goings of everyone and is the one person who can more than likely give us any information on your sister and the werewolf." He was close behind me, speaking the words low and into my ear. I fought hard to keep the shivers at bay and to focus on the words and not how they sounded as they rumbled from his chest.

"Okay. So why did I need to wear a dress?" I smoothed my sweaty palms down the blue body con dress I was wearing. I hadn't had any 'appropriate clothing' according to Abe and he had actually bought me the dress and the heels I was now wearing. He had muttered about Mercutio paying him back as he tossed them at me. I had been a bit upset that he had dug through my clothes when I was sleeping but it had faded away rather quickly when he had pulled off his shirt to change. My cheeks heated up even worse at the memory of all that tanned and muscled flesh. I nibbled on my bottom lip slightly, he was definitely made in such a way that a girl had a hard time not wanting to touch.

He gripped my hip slowly, tapping each finger into it almost deliberately as he moved me closer to the door. "Because we need to blend, Lacey." The way he said my name made me weak in the knees and I swallowed hard. My heart thumped heavily in my chest and I could feel my blush moving to my ears and down my chest. "Besides, you look utterly ravishing in that dress." He faintly growled the word and my knees actually wobbled as he chuckled before handing a gold piece to the bouncer. With the gold exchanging hands we were suddenly inside of a dark club with bass thumping so hard I felt it moving against my skin and in my bones.

My eyes widened as I watched as bodies writhed on the dance floor, hands grasped and groped curves, and pelvises ground together so hard I was surprised that clothes were still on. My mouth nearly dropped open as I leaned closer to Abe. There was no way I was venturing anywhere near there. I honestly didn't know what to say.

I looked up at Abe but he was seemingly looking around, his jaw set and twitching and his eyes narrowed. "Where do we begin?" I tried to speak over the music but my voice seemed to be lost among the beat and I scowled slightly before I tapped Abe's chest with my finger, urging him to look at me. Once he looked down I leaned closer. "Where do we begin?" I asked it a bit louder, making sure to be closer so he could hear better.

His hand slid around me, pulling me  close as someone stumbled by with a glass of some sort of bitter smelling concoction that I knew had magick in it from how the bubbles actually sparkled. "We will go to the bar and ask the bartender." His breath brushed my ear and I nodded. He let me go but grabbed my hand, tucking it into his elbow as he started towards the bar, shoving people out of the way and ensuring I followed in the path he cleared. I tried to look around so I could avoid raking my eyes over the werewolf but it was really hard. Dressed in a leather jacket and jeans that made his ass look divine I couldn't help myself. I knew he had on a black t-shirt from some band I never heard of underneath the jacket but I couldn't figure out how he looked so gorgeous dressed so simply.

Bodies jostled around me and when Abe stopped I was slightly confused before he moved me in front of him, helping me sit on a stool at the bar. He stood close behind me, lifting his hand to wave down the bartender. "What do you drink?" He asked it by my ear and I turned to look at him, giving him a look of disbelief.

"Water." We were working and I didn't drink. I never did. I hated how it made me feel.

"What about an invigoration potion with that? Keep you from crashing on me like you did earlier." He was making fun of me and I didn't appreciate it.

"Hey!" I swatted at his chest, pinching my lips together. My nap was his fault. If he hadn't made me so goddamned horny last night I would have slept much better.

He pointed to the clock on the wall as he grabbed my swatting hand and pressed it to the bar top. "Well it is past your bedtime." He was chuckling, I could feel it rumbling in his chest from where it was pressed against my side. My cheeks heated heavily as embarassment rose up sharply.

He was trying to embarass me and it wasn't fair!