Chapter Twenty-Two: Lost and Found: Part Two

The Fae's hand was yanked off of my knee rather abruptly. "She isn't going anywhere with you." At the harshly said words my nerves tingled with awareness and I bit back a heavy curse and wondered why the hell my magick hadn't warned me that Abe was there. I shifted in my seat and called on the magick as fast as I could. I called on the teleport but it was too late to stop it as I felt a hand grab my shoulder. We landed in my motel room and I went to scramble away but Abe wrapped his arm around my waist and held me fast. I yanked at him, feeling panicky as he threw me onto the bed with a grunt.

I went to move quickly to the other side but he snagged my wrist. I moved without thinking and slapped him with my other hand. My heart jolted in my chest but he said nothing as he grabbed that hand as well and seemingly without effort tied my wrists to the headboard, ignoring my struggling as if it were nothing more than a minor nuisance.

I called on my magick but it seemed sporadic, pulsing in me as he pulled the signet ring off of my finger with a stony expression as he tucked it into his pocket. I struggled against the ropes, trying hard to pull them so they would snap. When my magick seemed to fail me I kicked out at Abe, anger raging through me. "You fucking bastard!" He dodged the kick and got off the bed as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked down at me from the foot of the bed. "I'll kill you! I swear to what ever deity is out there that I will!" My chest heaved and I struggled harder to get out of the ropes but they did nothing but rub my skin raw.

"If you keep struggling like that I'm going to get a well deserved show." Abe nodded towards me and I looked at him, my chest heaving with my angry breaths but I heeded his warning, knowing my dress was twisting in all sorts of ways.

I glared at him through the few curls that landed across my face in my struggle. "I fucking hate you." For sending sending a child to a containment spell, for pretending he didn't know, for leaving me alone that morning for Mercutio to get me, for ruining me like he had. I tightened my hands into fists and willed for him to disappear, for him to go away and to never return but he stood there, defiant and unrelenting. I glared at him, trying to show him the depths of my hate I had for him and what he stood for but there wasn't a single twitch in his facade.

"Are you done?" He asked in in such a patronizing tone that I partially slipped a heel off and kicked it at him. I was smugly proud when he had to actually duck for it to miss hitting him in the head. It felt so good I repeated the action with mt other heel, feeling satisfied when he had to dodge that one as well.

"Fuck. You." I spat the words at him as I twisted my wrists in the ropes. "You better hope I don't escape these ropes you son of a bitch!" Boudica, or Bo as Bam and her hubby liked to call her, wasn't a witch nor was she my blood but she was still my family and this smug bastard had sent her to be gang raped and buried alive. That was not okay in my books, that was unforgivable. Even if Bo wasn't my adopted niece, she was still an innocent child and an act of signing her life away like that would never be something worthy of forgiveness.

He slowly straightened and my heart jumped in my chest at the animalistic gleam his eyes had. "What are you going to do to me, Lacey?" His voice was low and I felt suddenly less sure of myself as he slowly moved around the bed towards me, his eyes intent on me like a predator stalking their prey. "Just what are you going to do to me when you get out of those ropes?" His voice lowered as he sat down on the bed beside me, leaning over me. He hand brushed my hip as he caged me, bringing his face close to mine.

He brushed the curls away from my face and I jerked my head away from him. "You don't get to fucking touch me." My heart thudded hard and heavy in my chest as I glared at him but I would be resolute. I wouldn't let him see just how far he had gotten underneath me skin. I wouldn't let him see how badly he had destroyed me.

He smirked at me, the small tick upwards of his mouth making my heart lurch in my chest. "Yes I do." He cupped the back of my neck and yanked me close, so close his breath mixed with my own. "You don't get to tell me no when you belong to me and I have been chasing you for far too long, Lacey." Ire rose up in me at absolute arrogance of his words. I might have desired him, might have felt like he said, that I belonged to him but I wouldn't be dictated to like that.

"I don't belong to anyone, Abraham." I hissed his name out, knowing how he disliked it and all he did was chuckle, throwing me off slightly.

"Hearing you say my name like that makes it actually enjoyable to hear but you are very wrong, Lacey, you do belong to me." Once again the proud arrogant bearing of his voice raised up my rage and with it something snapped.

Without thinking I drew my head back as far as he would let me before I slammed my forehead into his face. Lights flashed in my eyes at the pain the move caused but the satisfaction I got from hearing his pained bellow as he let me go was more than worth it. "I said you don't get to touch." Satisfaction flared up hot and heavy within me as he grabbed his nose, closing his eyes tightly as he stumbled from the bed. I yanked against the left rope hard and my magick pulsed a fraction and it snapped, freeing my wrist. I nearly shouted in triumph as I hastily moved to standing to try and get my other wrist free.

Abe grabbed me around my waist and pulled me tight to his chest before he kissed me. Heat and fire roared through me as his lips moved of mine in a manner that was almost punishing and I could feel myself melting against him. I couldn't stop myself from falling into the moves that I had craved and simultaneously denied myself as I pressed closer to him, wanting so much more than what he was giving me. I wanted to be one with him, I wanted us to come together so closely that I wouldn't be able to tell where he ended and I began.

He yanked back from the kiss as a heavy growl erupted from his chest and my own anger rushed up and over me. I was pissed at myself for falling for that and him for pulling that stunt. "You hit me again and I am going to do worse than that." His words were slightly husky with desire but they were hard and made liquid heat flow through me as he looked down at me, his eyes gleaming and sparking with his anger and desire.

"Don't touch me again, you disgusting waste of male flesh." I tried to look disgusted with him, tried so hard but it was hard when my blood still sung in my veins with my lust for him to throw me back onto the bed so we could continue where that kiss left off. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand in an attempt to erase the feel of him on my lips and he gave a heavier rumble as he watched me.

"Try as hard as you can but you won't ever get me from underneath your skin." The mocking words escaped his mouth and I blanked with anger. I swung my hand and slapped him hard. The crack resounded in the room and I realized the bastard had been goading me just for that as slowly turned his head and grinned.